Fada

90 days rule

Rate this topic

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if the 90 days rule is depending on the person or on the passport, means if someone has 2 passports, can he/she stay in the country 180 days by using 2 passports or not?

Hmmm. That's a good question! I don't know how the system would know that the two passports belong to the same person, since they are from two different countries and have two different passport numbers.

I just went to the e-visa site, at https://www.evisa.gov.tr/ and entered my passport type and nationality, then submitted it. It told me the usual 90-in-180 days info, and also said this: 

Your e- visa is valid from 20 September 2019 to 17 March 2020 for a total period of 180 days. Your stay cannot exceed 90 days.

It says "your stay," in a separate sentence, so I would assume it applies to you, regardless of what passport you use. You could always ask the immigration officer when you arrive on the first passport.

As Ken points out, the date you enter on your passport is recorded, so this suggests you'd have to leave on that passport and then re-enter on the other passport. That said, I don't know if this is strictly legal - the computer system may well match your name and DOB.