Sign in to follow this  
daveb

Solicitors Didim/altinkum

Rate this topic

In February 2008, we decided to purchase a second property in Altinkum in Dididm. As there were lots of scare stories on various forums and in the news about corrupt lawyers and problems with tapu's we ceided to take a cautious approach and find a solicitor out of the area. We approached a firm with offices in both London and Istanbul. The solicitor spoke good English and provided us with a quote for the conveyancing for both ourselves and the seller. She also provided details of the cost of military search and tax. In October 2008, we transferred as requested by bank transfer just under

Just to update everyone, Ahmet Sipahioglu is still working hard for,and with, his British clients and is having many successful outcomes - both with regards to TAPU/Habitation Certificate problems as well as Wills and Turkish Probate matters. He can be contacted via [email protected] - or via his website www.didimlegalservices.co.uk - have a look and see what you think - all feedback on the website would be greatly appreciated.

Just to confirm that I used Ahmet to buy my property in Akbuk and I think he is OK but:

- He asked for all his fees up-front (if possible try to withhold some until the end)

- He is terrible at emails despite reasonable spoken English. Relies on English part-timer to help with emails to English speaking clients.

- He did the absolute minimum (e.g. did not set up the water and electric accounts in my name which was hassle when I arrived).

While he did nothing wrong he was such a pain to deal with from overseas and I would probably not use him again.

And the other thing, he is not working with the consulate. He just appears on the British embassy website as English speaking lawyer and they will not vouch for any lawyers. So don't be fooled by that BS (he also tries to claim that too).

Thank you AkbukAlex. It's always useful to get first-hand knowledge of people.

hello Raywood4 here, We're here in Antalya and we're coming through to Altinkum to hopefully purchase a apartment very soon and would really appreciate it if you would (PM) me contact details of Ahmet both email and tel No.We have heard a lot of bad publicity on foreigners getting duped and we don't want to fall into that group if we can help it. look forward to hearing from you soon. Bye for now

Hi all  does any one have the contact details for any altinkum solicitor or lawyer please contcat me [email protected] if you do

thanks

Just to update everyone, Ahmet Sipahioglu is still working hard for,and with, his British clients and is having many successful outcomes - both with regards to TAPU/Habitation Certificate problems as well as Wills and Turkish Probate matters. He can be contacted via [email protected] - or via his website www.didimlegalservices.co.uk - have a look and see what you think - all feedback on the website would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Myfanwy do you have his contact details thanks