Sign in to follow this  
daveb

Solicitors Didim/altinkum

Rate this topic

Hi everyone, can anyone recommend a good solicitor in this area, preferably english speaking as my turkish is not that good yet. :yeah[1]: thanks daveb

Hi DavebI can recommend a good AND reasonably-priced English speaking solicitor (though her current receptionist's english isn't up to much!)I can also recommend an excellent authorised translator if you need one.PM me for the details of both!

Hi everyone, can anyone recommend a good solicitor in this area, preferably english speaking as my turkish is not that good yet. :welcome: thanks daveb

Hi DavebI am a retired British lawyer residing in Altinkum. I would certainly recommend Ahmet Sipahioglu. He speaks excellent English and is affiliated to the British Consulate. You can call to his office any afternoon after 2pm (he is usually in Court in the mornings). Directions to office - down Ataturk Boulevard to beach gates. At roundabout, turn left and travel about 500m. You will pass Big Nose Bar on the left, Turan Hotel. Then on your right you will see Sancar Kardia Hotel with Bim underneath it and a car wash. Immediately after these, turn right and the lawyer's office is in the only building on the left - 2nd set of steps, 1st floor. Hope this helps.If you go to see him, mention this Forum to him so he knows from where you have been recommended.

Hi DavebAhmet's one of the solicitors mentioned on the British Consulate website, and is sometimes assisted by a British solicitor who is a friend of mine - they make a very handy team for bridging those culture gaps and offer some useful packages, particularly Turkish wills for British citizens.I also recommend Nesrin Basarin Sandalci, who we usually use for business and personal legal needs. She's based in Didim town centre and I'll PM you with her phone number.........(added later)I'm not paying enough attention here! Already sent you that contact, Dave. I'd love to know how you got on if you contacted her. I've also emailed you again with her direct contact number (bypassing the receptionist).

Hi Myfanwy or lozengelegenddo you have an email address for Ahmet, as we are looking for a new solicitor since Karma Legal closed, and would like to go with a recommended solicitorThank Sharon

Hi SharonI'm not sure what the protocol is for publishing contact details on the forum so I'm PMing you with Ahmet's email address and contact details :)

Ahmet Sipahioglu's email address is [email protected] We aim to respond to you within 24 hours. Look forward to hearing from you allDebbie

Hi Debbie! :D Was hoping that was you! Just what we need on the forum, a proper expert who's got experience and legal knowledge from the foreigner's perspective as well as the Turkish :) See you on Monday by the way!

HI all I'm new to this forum. I happend upon your topic as I'm looking for an independant solicitor to help with sorting out a Tapu and military permission problem in the area. Only I was told by other expats that most of the solicitors in the area are in league with the estate agents and better to get an out of town solicitor! Don't know if there is any truth in the statement! But when you're trying to sort stuff out from a distance it's hard to know who to trust Thought you guys might have a more honest opinon as you seem to know who's who in Didim?

That's an interesting and rather topical story! A group apparently set up to assist Didim residents with their various issues caused a stir recently when people seeking advice were warned by the counsellors that Didim lawyers were all in cahoots with Didim builders - and then were driven out to Soke to see an "independent" lawyer. 2 hour round trip and translation services provided by the counsellor, obviously out of the goodness of their hearts and not in any way for financial gain.I would say the truth is that Didim is a close-knit town and the lawyers often do know the builders. This could theoretically cause a conflict of interest. But on the other hand, the rocky road of bureaucracy in Turkey is smoothed out by knowing the bureaucrats and an out of town lawyer isn't likely to know the local bureaucrats.Could you tell us a little more about your issue - perhaps we can offer some useful advice?

HI all I'm new to this forum. I happend upon your topic as I'm looking for an independant solicitor to help with sorting out a Tapu and military permission problem in the area. Only I was told by other expats that most of the solicitors in the area are in league with the estate agents and better to get an out of town solicitor! Don't know if there is any truth in the statement! But when you're trying to sort stuff out from a distance it's hard to know who to trust Thought you guys might have a more honest opinon as you seem to know who's who in Didim?

HelloWhilst there may be some truth in what the ex-pats say, I can assure you that Ahmet Sipahioglu is NOT in league with any estate agents or builders. He is affiliated to the British Consulate and as such, must remain unbiased and impartial. As an ex-British lawyer now residing in Didim, if I had to recommend anyone, it would be him merely because of his professionalism and impartiality in this town.

Hi Debbie! :hysterical[1]: Was hoping that was you! Just what we need on the forum, a proper expert who's got experience and legal knowledge from the foreigner's perspective as well as the Turkish :) See you on Monday by the way!

HI all

I'm new to this forum. I happend upon your topic as I'm looking for an independant solicitor to help with sorting out a Tapu and military permission problem in the area. Only I was told by other expats that most of the solicitors in the area are in league with the estate agents and better to get an out of town solicitor! Don't know if there is any truth in the statement! But when you're trying to sort stuff out from a distance it's hard to know who to trust Thought you guys might have a more honest opinon as you seem to know who's who in Didim?

Hello to all. I too am new to this forum, but I would like to enlist some help regarding my Tapu. We bought our property in 2006 in Yesilkent, using a Turkish solicitor based in Central London. She came to Turkey to complete the purchase and we were duly issued with a Tapu. Only NOW are we being told by the developer that the Tapu is for the land only, and we need to have this changed to show House/Land and we must do this by the end of 2008. IS THIS CORRECT ? Unfortunately, due to illness it is not possible for me to travel to Turkey within this time frame. I have read elsewhere on Turkish forums that some buyers are being told that they have until the end of 2009 to make this change. If any one can shed any light on this, please feel free to post or email. Supermac

Hi Supermac,Myself and some others on this forum (as well as Turkish people down in the village) are in the same boat, with Tapus showing land only, and need to have them amended. This has to be done by November 2009, as both our local Tapu Office and Kadastro have confirmed this date.This gives you more time, but I would imagine there'll be a rush in the summer when a lot of expats come to visit. I do hope you manage to get yours done in time ! :hysterical[1]:

Ahmet Sipahioglu's email address is [email protected] We aim to respond to you within 24 hours. Look forward to hearing from you allDebbie

Hi, I am new to this. I am loking for some advice for our relatively new site. 30 villas. Can we get a contract drawn up to be sure all owners pay their maintenance. Also a contract that insures the maintenance comp. carries out the work they are being paid for.Will a solicitor be able to put something in place that is legal and binding on both accounts.We are sorting out a committee, as we are told we need this by law.

Hi DragonsEye,You will probably get more assistance if you open a new topic. If your properties are in Altinkum, open a new topic in this forum. If not, open one in the property forum. Just go to the appropriate forum and click "New Topic" at the upper right. Don't worry about being new to this forum, it takes a little time to learn how everything works! In any case you're welcome here!

Hi Supermac It's intreasting to note that you actually have a Tapu ( even though its only for the land) in Yesikent as this is the area which I am having problems obtaining military permission before I can apply for a Tapu. It would be of intreast to know your plots location in Yesikent and how you went on obtaining the military permission? Its iteresting also to know that the Tapu / Land senario as I have heard from other purchasers in my paticular development saying that the copies of the Tapu only relate to land.

Hi Supermac,Myself and some others on this forum (as well as Turkish people down in the village) are in the same boat, with Tapus showing land only, and need to have them amended. This has to be done by November 2009, as both our local Tapu Office and Kadastro have confirmed this date.This gives you more time, but I would imagine there'll be a rush in the summer when a lot of expats come to visit. I do hope you manage to get yours done in time ! :)

For anyone needing INDEPENDENT legal advice in the Didim area, please email [email protected] for totally unbiased and helpful advice on this, and any other, legal matters.

Thank you for the advise Myfanwy.Do you know if there are many in your area who have only got the land showing on their tapus?My husband sorted ours out and for a number of others on our site as they live away and he would advise, if possible to get it done soon, as there is bound to be a rush in the summer.

Hi DavebI am a retired British lawyer residing in Altinkum. I would certainly recommend Ahmet Sipahioglu. He speaks excellent English and is affiliated to the British Consulate. You can call to his office any afternoon after 2pm (he is usually in Court in the mornings). Directions to office - down Ataturk Boulevard to beach gates. At roundabout, turn left and travel about 500m. You will pass Big Nose Bar on the left, Turan Hotel. Then on your right you will see Sancar Kardia Hotel with Bim underneath it and a car wash. Immediately after these, turn right and the lawyer's office is in the only building on the left - 2nd set of steps, 1st floor. Hope this helps.If you go to see him, mention this Forum to him so he knows from where you have been recommended.

hello Raywood4 here, We're here in Antalya and we're coming through to Altinkum to hopefully purchase a apartment very soon and would really appreciate it if you would (PM) me contact details of Ahmet both email and tel No.We have heard a lot of bad publicity on foreigners getting duped and we don't want to fall into that group if we can help it. look forward to hearing from you soon. Bye for now

I would suggest sending Myfanwy a PM as I'm not sure how often she pops in here, but she'd get notification of a PM in her emails.

Don't forget we have a page of English-speaking lawyers for the Altinkum area, they were on the list from the British consulate. The British consulate doesn't endorse them, nor do we, it's just a list of English-speaking lawyers in the area. You'll find the list we have here:

DEAD LINKIf you know of good lawyers to recommend, send me a private message (PM) and we may add them to that list.

Hi DavebI am a retired British lawyer residing in Altinkum. I would certainly recommend Ahmet Sipahioglu. He speaks excellent English and is affiliated to the British Consulate. You can call to his office any afternoon after 2pm (he is usually in Court in the mornings). Directions to office - down Ataturk Boulevard to beach gates. At roundabout, turn left and travel about 500m. You will pass Big Nose Bar on the left, Turan Hotel. Then on your right you will see Sancar Kardia Hotel with Bim underneath it and a car wash. Immediately after these, turn right and the lawyer's office is in the only building on the left - 2nd set of steps, 1st floor. Hope this helpsIf you go to see him, mention this Forum to him so he knows from where you have been recommended.

Hi I read this e-mail and would like to contact a Turkish Solicitor concerning a business venture. but I need advice as to how to make a legally binding contract between myself and my turkish partner.Could u please forward his no or e-mail addressThanks Sandra

Welcome to our forum Sandra, I can't help you but someone should be along who can. I was wondering if you were aware that even if you open a business that you will probably not be able to work in it unless you employ at least 5 Turks and you will need a Work permit as well. When you say Turkish partner do you mean business partner or boyfriend?