Sign in to follow this  
fisherman

Altinkum Hotels

Rate this topic

Hi Everyone,Could anyone give us some swift advice on the following hotels as we are bringing a 75 year old man with us and need not too many stairs and peace and quiet at night!Didim Beach, Burak, First Class, Garden Of Sun, Esra, PanormosAlso, what is the weather likely to be in the second week of september.Cheers Mick & Lorna.

Here I am!!!!! :)Purely in terms of location, it's got to be Burak. It's right in the centre of Altinkum resort and easy hobbling distance from the sea. First Class is also central and close to the beach. Both are near bars but I'd say Burak's probably the more peaceful of the two locations. You'd need to check with the hotels themselves about whether there are rooms on the ground or first floor - or lift access for that matter.Garden of Sun and Didim Beach both definitely have full restricted-mobility access, as well as lots of on-site facilities to offer - they are purpose-built, new, 4-star holiday hotels. They are also close to the beach but it's a 10 minute walk to the resort centre so a car or the local bus service will come in handy.Esra is a little bit further away from the seafront and from public transport access than the Garden of Sun (I'm talking metres here, not kilometres by the way). If your guest isn't bothered about seeing the sights then it's a popular hotel so is presumably ok!Panormos is up by our office, about 2km inland on the main road. Bus service is convenient but there isn't that much in the way of holidaymaking outside the hotel doors.I can also recommend Mutlu Aparts. It's an apart-hotel about 5 mins up the road from the Burak. They have lift access, swimming pool, restaurant, shop and the accommodation is in small apartments with catering facilities if you need them! A great option for families who don't want the commitment of self-catering but like to have a little more space and privacy.As for weather in the second half of september, it should be nice: in the 30s celcius, and sunny.

Hubby and I have stayed at the First Class, and personally I don't really recommend it..... especially based on what you've said.There is a flight of steps up the front of the hotel, and it is situated right above a very lively bar / shops. Our room was right on the front and not at all soundproof. To make things worse, it was a karaoke bar which only seemed to have a few backing tracks. They certainly played the same ones every night, till about 1am.One of the staff obviously fancied himself as Enrique Iglesias, and to this day I can hear that rather tuneless Turk singing 'I ken be yow heeero baybehhhhhh'.To make it worse, this was our honeymoon! Not so romantic.In its defence, the pool was good, the room was actually an apartment/suite and the girl on Reception was lovely. It's also very well placed for the beach as lozengelegend has said.Hope you enjoy your stay, wherever you go.

With regards the Panormos Hotel, we stayed here when we were sorting out our apartment back in 2009 and found it convenient and central for all our needs and as Laura stated in her post, buses pass by all the time, going to and from the beach area as well as other destinations ie the Apollo Temple, Mavisehir(there is a market on every night) and Akbuk to name but a few places. It has got two lifts and so is good for people who are wheel chair bound and we found the staff here very obliging/helpful. If you don't want to go out one night, it has an excellent restaurant which we very often frequent these days during the summer season.Les