Sign in to follow this  
fisherman

Parador Properties

Rate this topic

Hi all,

Please could somebody tell me if Mese Construction is part of Parador or a separate company. Also could someone swing by Diamond City 3 and see if work is still continuing on this project as our apartment is supposed to be ready in September.

As you can gather there is quite a concern over here as to the state of play over there!!!

How does the law stand as we have paid half of our money if it all hits the fan?

Someone please help us!!

Cheers Mick & Lorna.

Hi Mick & Lorna

You'll be glad to hear that Parador and Mese are two separate companies. Parador is (was) a sales agent and Mese are a construction company - one of the many whose properties were sold by Parador, among other agents.

Mese have their own website (which I'm sure you can find easily if you search on the internet), their own offices and their own English-speaking staff who I'm sure will be able to help you go through with your purchase. As Parador announced in their closure press release, anyone who has bought through them has made a contract with the builder / seller of the property which should still be honoured.

I'm not sure all the builders are as well-equipped as Mese to deal with clients directly so you are quite lucky in that respect!

As for Diamond City 3, things seem to be going along there ok - I was down there last week and it looked like it was taking shape quite nicely! As for completion dates that is another question but I think Mese are usually fairly prompt.

If all hits the fan, you will need to look at your sales agreement. That will tell you what your rights are, and against whom. I would expect to see that your contract is actually with the builder, and that if they were unable to deliver you your property, you would be entitled to a refund plus a compensation payment. You can find more information about sales contracts in this thread:

Hi Laura,Thanks for the info, we can sleep at night again!! we hope to be over in September and think that we owe you a drink so maybe we can meet up.

Once again, thanks

Mick & Lorna.

Hi Mick & Lorna - it's a pleasure, any time! Drop me a PM and I can also point you in the direction of Mese's offices in Didim and give you the names of some of the staff who should be able to help you.

Hello there.

I purchased an apartment at Golden Beach Complex Altinkum, off plan in March 2006. Developer Didim Design Group, Agent Parador Properties.

Quite a few problems and now at the time when I need Parador Owners Club to assist me with transfer and occupation they go into administration. At the moment I just do not know where to turn for assistance. I have completed all payments and although the title deeds are not available (another story) I need to take possession of the keys from the developer without delay. Does anybody have information about this complex and the status of Didum Design.

Parador were supposed to be arranging a "key holder" for me, but as with many things it never happened. So the name of a reliable one would be appreciated.

Thanks Cynthia

Hi Cynthia

KEYS

That's a little more difficult - while I presume Didim Design Group are still in operation, they have closed their main office and moved out to Golden Beach itself. The project looked about 99% finished when I last saw it a month or so ago - just some landscaping to complete.

I DO have contact details for members of Didim Design Group which I will give to you if you PM me, though I couldn't tell you whether the details are any good or not. However I'd suggest your first port of call should be your solicitor. If you don't have their contact details, I can probably find out if you give me the name. Your solicitor should be able to advise you about getting hold of your keys. If for some reason you have no joy with that, then there is always the option to come over in person to get them - a visit to Golden Beach would be easy enough to arrange once you were over here.

KEYHOLDING

Now, keyholding is a lot easier and again if you PM me I can recommend someone. Keyholding services vary from the very basic (looking after a key locally and releasing it when required) to all-singing, all-dancing (checking your property and all appliances weekly, filling your fridge before you arrive, paying your bills, car rental, newspaper, airport transfer etc etc etc).

I hope that helps!

My dear Laura,

Thank you so much for your reply. A hand in need is a hand indeed!!! I shall be away from home for about a week but will contact you as soon as I return for the details you so kindly offered.

Many thanks once again.

Cynthia

Hi Laura, or anybody out there who can help!!!

As with Mick & Lorna both my partner and I purchased through Parador Properties. The construction company is Unicon and the apartment NEW LIFE 3. We have also made the second stage payment and are concerned about losing our investment. We became part of the owners club with parador so that we could get updates on the progress of the build. Now of course there are no reports being filed.

Has anybody seen New Life 3 ?? Is work progressing ?? Anybody that has seen New Life 3 and could tell us anything would be gratefully received

Thanks

Tom & Jax

Hi Tom & Jax

Have been communicating on PM! Ben, is it possible to draw together the different posts about Parador so people can pool their knowledge?

Hi all,

I hope someone can help.

I purchased a property in Bodrum with Parador Properties.

Constructor is Mus Can Insaat from Istanbul. The complex is Kale Residence II

I received my keys and my own apartment is complete, however the large majority of the complex has been almost abandoned unfinished.

I heard that Mus Can has liquidity problems and I have not received my title deed yet. The lawyer I have, via Parador, is not responsive anymore, I guess after Parador went busted.

The local Parador contact I had, has disappeared.

Does anyone know anything about Muscan, about Kale Residence II and Parador in Turkey in general?

also, any suggestions?

thank you

Hi Lorenzo

I'm not familiar with Mus Can or their developments, but I believe Parador has shut down its operations in Turkey - certainly there is nothing left of the office that was in Didim. If you can't get hold of the solicitor you were dealing with, maybe the Turkish bar association can help you track them down?

They have a website in English: http://www.barobirlik.org.tr/ and I suppose they reply to email enquiries in English as well.On the Turkish version of their website they also have a Find facility: DEAD LINK - you will need to select the region where you think your solicitor is registered (probably Istanbul or Muğla in your case) from the drop-down box; first name of the solicitor in the Adı box; and surname in the Soyadı box (or just one or the other, though you'll need to trawl through the results to find the lawyer you are looking for). That might help if your solicitor has just moved offices.

If it's impossible to track down your solicitor, your embassy ought to have a list of Turkish lawyers that speak your language and are registered with the Turkish bar association. Or perhaps you can find a recommendation on this Forum!

You will certainly want someone to take up wherever your case has been left off. Alternatively, there might be an estate agent in the Bodrum area who has dealt with Mus Can or Kale II and can help you through the rest of the buying process (as the remaining work is not exclusively legal - it sounds as though it's also procedural).

Hello again and Ben, please excuse the back-to-back post! An important note for anyone who used Karma Legal as their solicitor when buying in Didim through Parador: they are closing up the office, apparently at the end of October 2008. I've been given contact details of one of the staff members there by another Turkey Forum member and will be happy to pass these on via PM. If you think this applies to you, you might want to get in touch ASAP in case they close earlier than expected!

That's great news! Good to hear that all those people whose cases have been managed by Karma Legal til now have someone who can take over. I think Hilal might be a VERY busy lady....

Yes, it is good news.My experience with Hilal has been positive so far and she seems to be a very nice lady as well as a good lawyer, so hopefully everybody will be well looked after.Please let's keep sharing experiences and information. I am also in getting in touch with another person in the construction business through trustworthy friends, so once I have more information, if anyone is interested, I can share details.

Hello Cynthia.

I have walked around Golden Beach Complex tody.

The Complex is still NOT finished.

There are 55 units left to sell.

Didim Design Group are still in charge and doing there best to sell remaining units. The landowner of this project has now agreed to issue Tapu's to each individual buyer whos has paid in full.

You will need to speak to Solicitor Burcu Orhan who has offices in Istanbul,Izmir and based in London

0044 02077499191 UK.This lady is helping process buyers Tapu on GBC.

You can PM me if you need more details.