PeteJF

Leaking shower cabins in new build.

Rate this topic

In the newly built apartment we have just moved into both of the shower cabins leak. Talking to our neighbours most of the other shower cabins in the block are the same.

A plumber has said that it is poor workmanship, he can do a fix for around 60 ytl that should be good for five years but a proper job would cost 1000 ytl. Is there any way we can get the original builder or their subcontractor to pay for the work?  Or is that not worth considering?

You would need to ask the contractor about it. However, if they don't do anything, you can go to a noter and ask for a noterial notice (noter bildirimi I think it's called). This is an official notice that the noter will draw up for you. Next the noter will access the central address system and get the person's address, and the noter will personally send the notification. That way, both the contents of the envelope, and the mailing to the recipient, are a matter of public record and legally provable. And the recipient cannot then say they were not notified about the problem. And it basically means "we have told you about this problem, and if you don't fix it, we are going to sue you," so the contractor should take that notice quite seriously.

The Inka should be fixing any issues on a newly built-newly purchased build.  I had this issue with my property (leaky window, paint, door frame holes for door lock catch not cut out etc.).

I'm sure there was more since my wife was the one dealing with it...but they came in and fixed stuff.

All the above is good advice. personally I would pay the 1000TL and get a good job done, and when I want it done. You will have to fork out for the noter and all the builder will do (eventually) is the cheap 60TL repair. IMHO pay the 1000TL and get it done to your satisfaction.

Thanks Ibrahim, I spoke to my stepson about it and he was of the same opinion as you that it would be quicker and less hassle for us to pay to get the work done.