Rate this topic

When I moved to Turkey earlier this year I was living in Antalya, I moved to Mersin this month. When I was having  a check up at Yenişehir Hastanesi yesterday one of the admin people said that I would need to change my residence permit to correctly show the city where I am living.  Another admin person said that it was not important. Does anyone know what is actually required?

MOVING TO A NEW PROVINCE..
A new RP application is required [just the paperwork ] within 20 days of moving ,but all you pay for is a new RP card..Simply apply in person with all your normal/previous RP application paperwork + new Tapu or rental agreement &  at your new local GOC office & they will make out the paperwork.

Yes it's important. An individual living in Istanbul recently had their application to renew their resident permit denied because they had failed to register their change of address. They had to stay out of Turkey for 3 months and when they returned had to wait another 3 months before applying for a residence permit again. And there's a fine for not registering. 

Thank you REDDERS and Goreme1990 for clarifying that for me. I will try to get a new RP application in this week.