Star

Documents required for renew the residence permit

Rate this topic

Hello,

My wife is a student and her rp is going to be expired after two months. She wants to apply for renew next month in order to avoid any excessive fee. The  thing is  that I forget where should I pay that 72 tl? We paid something like this and do I need to pay it again? How about the rp card fee? University said that just around 200 for insurance and 72 tl for ...!? I don't know whether they are correct or not. Rules in Turkey are somewhat vague!

You can pay the fee at any tax office, or at Halkbank. Take your passport, residence permit, and your completed application with you because they will need the application number. You can also pay the fees at the cashier at the DGMM on the day of your appointment, just go an additional 30 minutes or so early in case there is a line.

The card printing fee for 2019 is 89 TL. I believe it was 72 TL last year.

The other fee is for the residence itself. This varies according to nationality. You can learn these fees here:

https://www.goc.gov.tr/icerik6/ikamet-izni-belgesi---harc-miktarlari_409_414_901_icerik

For Azerbaijan, I'm seeing the fees as the Turkish Lira equivalent of $25 USD for the first month, and $5 USD for any additional months.

So we can pay at the appointment day and no need to go banks and tax, right?

For, renewing we should pay this 89 tl right? This is the card fee? No other fees are required except the insurance which will be paid to the insurance company?

What are those additional fees!? I don't understand! I think it is for additional staying without any resident permit. NO?

Regarding paying at the DGMM office, that is what I always do. I go early and go to the cashier first, and pay the fees.

There are always two fees when you apply for or extend a residence permit.

The first fee is the residence fee. It is for your residence itself, not for the card. The amount is different according to what country you are from and how much time you want to be a resident of Turkey.

The second fee for $89 TL is the card printing fee. This fee is the same for everybody, It is for, obviously, the printing of your residence permit card.

So when you go to the cashier, you will pay those two fees, and you will get two receipts. One for the residence fee and one for the card printing fee.

What you pay for your insurance policy isn't a government fee, it is just what the insurance company charges you for an insurance policy. You need to buy a policy before you apply online, because you will need to enter information about your health insurance policy. If you are extending a residence permit, you can have your insurance policy begin one day after your current policy expires. Most companies will let you have a start date 30-60 days in advance.

Hi guys, 

My application form indicates two types of fees: -Harç Bedeli (fee amount) 61.01TL and -Ikamet izin belgesi...(RP doc fees) 89.00TL. Is that all ? Or do I still have to find out about the residence fee itself based on the country I’m from ? 

Please help as I’m running out of time...my appointment is in 2 days.

Thanks in advance!

When you apply online and get your completed application to download and print, the fees are automatically calculated according to your nationality, and the duration of the residence permit you want. The fees you posted are the only fees. The residence permit fee is the Harç Bedeli. the card fee is the ikamet izin belgesi.

Ken, 

for 1 year resident permit with a home rent, how much money does someone show to the immigration office and it should not be blocked right? I mean just put money in account and can withdraw? any new rule?

Ken,

If I go to the nufus dairesi (population directorate) with a home contract for the previous year, do they give me an address verification paper with the previous year contract (approved by the noter)? I need it for renew my rp I think. Actually, I stay at the same home and there is no new contract

There was a change earlier this year. Foreigners are no longer required to go to the Directorate of Population and Citizen Affairs (Nüfus). I spoke with a contact at the DGMM recently who said that, for extensions, recent utility bills will be enough for proof of your address.

Ken

Thanks. But I should go since we have no utility bills! We are in an apartment with 600 studios and the management office sends the bill ( just the amount) and we pay it.

Because of that I asked

What did you use for proof of address when you first got your residence permit? You had also asked a question in another topic about proof of income. I tried to merge it into this topic but apparently something went wrong. Sorry! Anyway I wanted to ask you the same question about that, what did you use as proof of income when you first applied?

Actually I am a tudent ken we don't need anything like income approval. Even though I have income as a researcher.

I asked for somebody else. Also, about the address we showed just a rent with noter approval. 

I asked for this address issue since I need to assign a family doctor. This helps us to have some medical treatment for free

OK I understand. Then you would just need the notarized copy of the rental agreement. If you have a way to get the notary's document number which was stamped on the previous one, you can go back to the noter with that number and they can pull the same copy for you again, so you don't have to go through the whole process again. If you don't they may be able to pull it based on your name and the date you had the copy made before.

Hi everyone,

My wife had her renewal appointment yesterday and we had put the enerjisa bill with the papers. The Il Goc lady only checked her passport stamp and took the nufus paper, tax payment and photos. She didn't even take the adalet paper. Now we are waiting for the approval.

could it be another Noter?

You can go to any noter you want, but if you want a copy of a previously-notarized document, you have to go to the noter where you had it done in the first place, because that is where the document is stored. They pull their own physical, paper copy of the document from a notebook in their archive.

Also, should we go again to the GOC or just post the documents is enough to extend the rp?

At the end of the online application process, the system will tell you what to do. From what I understand, all extensions require another appointment. The option to mail in your application for an extension is no longer available.

Anybody knows how can we pay in bank? I went they could not do it. He said that there is "ikamet calisma izni" which is working permit and 89 tl. Even though it is 89 tl the same but he highlighted  that it might be wrong and he was correct maybe since we are not applying for work permission.

He said which kind of tax "vergi turu" it is?

Anybody did this before for extension. previous year we paid and we did not have any problem.Maybe we need to bring that paper which tax office gives! If we could not find it we should go again to the tax office. I remembered in Ankara I paid 72 tl or something like this 3 years ago in tax office. could we do that again?

P.S Please note that we do not need to go to the GOC dairesi the university said they themselves send the documents

I cannot understand what you posted. Take your completed, and printed, residence permit application with you when you go to pay. That should clear things up. They will need the application number anyway.

Ken,

No problem. Just here you stated that resident permit card is enough for paying in those banks. Also, I read that we can pay online while filling the application form which is the best option.

Finally, is there any fingerprint process and taking photos in the DGMM?!

Ken

I made an appointment and in the date of appointment it is written that 

Randevu Tarihi GİGM Tarafından Belirlenecektir

It means that the date will be assigned later. What does it mean?!

Just here you stated that resident permit card is enough for paying in those banks.

What I said was that you would need a tax number or a yabancı kimlik numarası (YKN) to pay the fee. Then I said to show the clerk your completed application when paying.

Finally, is there any fingerprint process and taking photos in the DGMM?!

No photos, but you have to submit fingerprints.

Randevu Tarihi GİGM Tarafından Belirlenecektir

It means that the date will be assigned later. What does it mean?!

It means that they will notify you of your appointment day, time, and location. They will send you a message according to your communications choice, either by SMS or e-mail. So you will need to keep an eye on these to make sure you get the message. I have heard it can take a while, like a month or more, but hopefully it won't take that long.