Jallow J

Online Residence Permit Application System Errors

Rate this topic

Hi, I recently tried the Kimlik Application online but is giving me errors whenever i reached to the travel document portion. Isn't allowing my passport number and is the same Passport I used to enter Turkey (3) days back. Please I need help if anyone had this incident before. Thank you. 

@Ken Grubb

You can call the help line at 157 and ask them what to do. As for me, I also had the problem, as I recall, it wouldn't accept all numbers for my USA visa. It seemed to require that I enter some letters as well. So I ended up entering something like "USA123456" that is, "USA" with my real passport number, and the system took it. I probably should have said something about this at my appointment, but I didn't... might be a good idea though. In any case, they do have my passport number in their system now.

The problem is that your passport expiry date is too soon. Your passport must expire at least six months after your residence permit will expire.

Your passport must be valid for a minimum of 60 days past the expiry date of the Reidencey being applied for . So if you were applying for your 1 year RP to start tomorrow, it would expire 7/5/2020  and your passport expires 12/11/2019...

Finally, everything is fine. I had a new Passport, so I decided to use the expiry date of the New Passport instead of the Old Passport and the system took. Normally the Passport I used to enter Turkey should expired on 12/11/2019, but i decided to use 11/03/2024 in the new Passport and fortunately the system accepted. I am now waiting for my appointment date to be given by GIGM. Thank you all. Cheers :)))

Screenshot 2019-05-06 at 22.39.18.png

OK 60 days, I knew there was a 6 in it. Thanks Redders.

I finally received my Residence Permit Card today. After getting the card I noticed an error on my Date of birth and Month. I was born on 01/11/1997 but on the card is written as 31/10/1997. Please advice me on what to in other to recified this error. Thank you in advance. @Ken Grubb

Image-31.png

I called the 157 helpline about this. The person I spoke to said that you need to go to the DGMM office where you applied, with your passport, and correct the information in their computer system if it is wrong.

I asked him if a new card will be printed, but he said he didn't have any information on that. Apparently they work with a database of information, and if the answer isn't in their database, then they don't know.

He did say that the important thing isn't the card, it's what is in the central computer system about you. So even if the card has the wrong date of birth on it, as long as it is correct in the central system, you are okay.

But since you have to go to report it to the DGMM anyway, would you mind updating this topic and letting us know what they tell you about this? That is, does the DGMM print a new card and send it to you? Or will they just update the information on your card when your extend your residence permit and they have to print a new one anyway?

I have been trying to get an appointment for over a week now .  I am using the system in the Turkish language setting. Also I have called 157 several times about this.They say it a site issue and to keep trying .This is the message I get after the insurance information page  which didn’t not allow to go further “Sistemde teknik bir hata oluştu 
4ca1b80d-b4a8-4500-a74b-077c477346f6

Well, that's definitely a technical error. Apparently they know about it, so they should be fixing it soon. How close are you to your visa or residence permit expiring, or if you are on a visa, how close are you to the maximum number of days you can be in Turkey?