Whose Book Is It?

Rate this topic

In a website on Turkish (Suffix Dictionary) I read an arguement that a word like 'kitabını' is ambiguous and the meaning can be drived only from the context. So I think the topic deserves attention..

A word like 'kitabını' may be confusing basically for two reasons..

Let me discuss them below:A dialogue:A-Please give me one of the books on the tableB- Whose book do you want?

A- Your bookA- L

Thank you Saffron for all the time you spend helping us with the difficulties of Turkish. ^_^

• 4 years later...

this was very helpful ....... but what is the second ( ı ) in kitabını for ...... or the second ( ı ) in kitabımı kitab + ım + ( ı )

and ıf ı want to say ......... I lost my spoon is ıt ( Yemek kaşığımı kaybettim ) or ( Yemek kaşığınımı kaybettim )

and ıf i want to say ( İ am cleaning my bed room ) ........ ( yatak odasınımı temizliyorum )

ın ım are the possesıve adjectıve sufııxes and the second ( ı ) for two of the nouns are used as accusative case of the noun and you have to put it there to gıve the meanıng .

ı am cleanıng my bedroom ( yatak odamı temizliyorum ) odam = my room odamı ( ı is accusatıve )

so why when i say ( çocuklar televizyon seyrediyor ) and ( kadın radyo dinliyor ) ....... i didnt use i or u ın words televizyon and radyo

so why when i say ( çocuklar televizyon seyrediyor ) and ( kadın radyo dinliyor ) ....... i didnt use i or u ın words televizyon and radyo

i or u for accusatıve

television and radıo are the indefinite objects of the sentences and we dont need to add those suffixes at the end of the noun .

and you can fınd out the ındefınıte object by askıng questıon of what to the verb of the sentence . ( what are they watchıng? or what are they listenıng ? ) these what questıons help you whether you wıll put ( ı u ) at the end