Sign in to follow this  
aliandjohn

Ikia In Izmir

Rate this topic

hi all,firstly my apologies if this is in the wrong place I wasn't sure where to put it.We are furnishing our apartment in Didim and want to use the Ikia store in Izmir.So a couple of questions,will they deliver?and is it posible to order on line from the UK?I think we will be asking a lot more questions so bear with us thanks guys. :D

Hi Aliand John, Yes, you've put it in the right place.I've had a look at the IKEA web site and as far as I can see you can't order online but you can look at the catalogue and make a list of the things you want with their number before you go. I don't know if they will have the same number as in the UK catalogue. You will need to have a dictionary handy as it's all in Turkish although they do have and English page but not the catalogue. You will probably find the prices higher than in the UK.They do deliver and you can discuss that with them when you visit the store. I believe the fee is resonable.Good hunting.http://www.ikea.com.tr/catalogue/default.asp

Hi AliandJohn,After I read your post, I went to the local shop of IKEA in the town I live -Fethiye, to get an answer to your questions. The shop manager said, they provide the local coustomers with a catalogue in Turkish, because, the prices and some of products don't match with those in the UK. The solution they offer for the language problem is, Ikea's website is in both English and Turkish. If the link which is already posted by Sunny doesnt work, you can use the key words Ikea and Turkey, on the search engine.Here in Fethiye they deliver the furniture you buy at your door, if you want it so. They add a freight and a service charge to the catalogue price. The freight depends on the size and volume of the material, so I couldnt get a fixed percentage. Here, the furniture is brought from İzmir,upon order, this is why they add a freight. The situation may be different for you.I posted a list of names for furnitures, in the language forum, hoping this may help you and others...

Ooh I didn't know there was a delivery service from Ikea in Izmir! We're in Didim too and I'd love to know if the service is available to us - I bet it would be really popular!

Information about transport is available at the site. Though I didnt find any information about a practice similar to that of Fethiye. Here they collect the orders by a certain day of the week and bring them all in one lorry, so transport cost gets smaller..

I'm surprised that Ikea wasn't in the links directory. For those of you who might try to find the Ikea in Izmir, it's kind of difficult to explain how to get there, but if you can find the main Otogar (main Izmir bus terminal), it's next to the road which goes to the Otogar. Keep your eyes open and you'll see the Ikea sign on the left.

I think 100 YTL is a pretty good deal for the distance and the cost of petrol these days... I'll bet most expats don't know they could order online and have it delivered, I didn't know that either!