aliandjohn

How Do We Furnish Our Apartment With White Goods

Rate this topic

You'll find lots of places here to buy white goods, including Arcelik, Bosch, and other stores. The prices are the same all over Turkey for these stores, as I understand.However, if you want a real deal, ask around for places called "spot shops." Let me explain how the spot shops operate so you'll understand... many of these nationwide white goods stores offer something called "taksit," which is a payment system where someone can buy, for example, a refrigerator, and make 12 monthly payments. What some Turks do, if they need money quickly, is to buy that refrigerator on a 12 month taksit, then sell it immediately to a "spot shop" at a substantial discount, much like a pawn shop, and take the cash. The spot shop then sells the new appliance to the public for a price significantly lower than the regular white goods stores. There is typically at least one "spot shop" in every town, sometimes several, and the savings are substantial. The spot shops are places normally in stores where the rent is cheap, so they are not easy to find unless you ask someone where they are.Make sure you know the prices of the white goods you need from the regular stores before you visit the spot shops, to make sure you're getting a deal. You can always bargain the price lower as well. I bought all of my white goods from spot shops at a significant savings. In my opinion, that's the place to go! Happy shopping!

Great advice? You'll normally find it here. The only thing we politely ask is that, when you learn something we don't know already, or something that could help the next person, please post it... but until you get settled in the priority is to assist you however we can!

Sounds great but be warned - if something goes wrong with your ''bargain'' and it will  - you will not be covered by the companys' warranty/maintenance etc.

The cost of repairs can easily cost more than what you saved on the price