Sign in to follow this  
jkr

Woodfencing

Rate this topic

Our property is in Altinkum and I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can buy panelled wood fencing about a metre high?The surrounding walls are half built with posts at either end with two on either side of the garden gate.Obviously I would have to buy metal post secured to the base of the wall and slotted to insert the wood fence into which could then be bolted.I've been quoted 2000ytl for a metal fence which I cannot afford, therefore, the wood option will do the same job presumably at a fraction of the cost.Perhaps somone has already erected one of these fences?Thankyou in anticipation. James.

I can't honestly say that I've seen wooden fencing other than the bar type that you see on cowboy films. Most people have fancy iron or, like us, more economical wire fencing that can be bought in a roll. It's either galvinised or covered in green plastic. I know you can get this in varous heights, the most popular being one metre high but at this moment I cant tell you how long the roll is or the cost.

You'll find it's far more economical to go for chain-link fencing than wood panels. It might not look so pretty but it certainly does the job, is quick and easy to instal, and you won't have any difficulty in getting someone to supply and fit at a reasonable price.As an example, we had a 5 metre wide and 1.5 metre high sliding metal gate supplied and fitted with all tracking etc and 800 metres of 1.2 metre high chain-link fencing, together with all supporting posts, sand, cement, labour charges etc etc Total cost 1,900 TL.