KarenMDoguer

Overstay fine pay at airport???

Rate this topic

I would like to know the procedure for paying an overstay fine at the airport. I would be living from Bodrum going to Istanbul and then to the US. I can not do online check-in so I have to go wait at the counter which sometimes opens only a short time before the flight. I am worried I might miss my flight if I have to wait at the counter, wait at passport control, wait in another area to pay the fine in Bodrum. My layover is 4.5 hours in Istanbul so I would have time. Can someone please enlighten me as to where I will have to do this- Bodrum or Istanbul? And the procedure for it? My overstay is will be less than 15 days if that matters. Thank you

Your fine would be paid at the airport where you leave the country, so it would be Istanbul. You should go early just in case. Go to the security office and let them know you need to pay your fine. I haven't done this before and I haven't heard or read anything about the exact procedures so I hope you will give us some feedback when you go through it.