Sirichanok Panuspattana

use free tourist visa before using internships visa ??

Rate this topic

I am an exchange student from Thailand who will go to Istanbul (on 14 June 2019.) for an internship under the programme called IAESTE(The International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience) with a Turkish company.

I got so confused from the Embassy of Turkey in Bangkok that gives the validate date of visa cover only my intern period (Like 17 June 2019 - 9 August 2019) but I have to get into the dormitory before the starting date of my internship. Actually, I gave them a flight reservation when I applied for the visa. I want to know that can I enter the country with a freee visa first and then use the internship visa in the day it's validated (Regarding Thai citizen exempt Visa for 30 days visit)? Have anybody got this issue too please lets me know.

Thanks

the validate date of visa cover only my intern period (Like 17 June 2019 - 9 August 2019)

It sounds to me like this date range is the validity period of the visa, that is, you can enter Turkey at any time from 17 June 2019 to 9 August 2019. And I am assuming it is for a single-entry. does it say this? What exactly, from beginning to end, does your visa say?

but I have to get into the dormitory before the starting date of my internship. 

What is the start date of your internship?

Actually, I gave them a flight reservation when I applied for the visa.

What is the flight date?

I want to know that can I enter the country with a freee visa first and then use the internship visa in the day it's validated (Regarding Thai citizen exempt Visa for 30 days visit)? Have anybody got this issue too please lets me know.

If you can answer the questions above I can probably be of more help, but I would assume that internship visas work like work visas. That is, you can come and go all you like on a tourist visa, any time you want. But if you are coming to start your internship, that is probably a one-entry visa that you have to enter with before you can start your internship. You could not enter Turkey with a tourist e-visa and then start working as an intern... you have to enter with the internship visa. So if you were in Turkey on a tourist e-visa, you would have to leave Turkey, then re-enter with the internship visa, during it's validity period.