Gps Device

Rate this topic

I recently bought a Navigo GPS from Migros, for 200Tl. It works fine and you can change the menu and voices into English. It also has multimedia, and a micro SD slot. It charges from the car, or by USB. I also find that my motorola phone charger works with it. It has good coverage of Turkey, with city maps. You can also load it with Tom Tom maps.

The software is made by the same people who do the mapping software for iphone.

I am happy with it. It is also a handy pocket size.

you can go to your manufactures www to see if they have maps some do some dont. Medion is another satnav systen that covers outside the Europe and North America.

When I was in altinkum in October i was using a blackberry phone and I used the GPS what a suprise I had maps. I bought the phone on contract from 02 and the phone was preloaded with gps and maps But when I move to another country and i set the gps it searches for maps for that location and it found altinkum.

A piece of advice, if anyone interested. Tom Tom is really strong in US and Europe, for most other countries I use iGo and/or MioMap software (they share same maps, different interfaces, both OK). There are lots of maps, and map of Turkey is OK, I even used it one time and found a free (known only to locals) entrance to Aspendos (or was it Perge?) site. (Though, why not to throw in some coins in case you believe that they will be used for preservation of site).

So feel free to buy any device with iGo or Miomap software. Available for PDAs also.

• 1 month later...

Hijust have to let you know that our sat nav tomtom is a brilliant piece of kit. we are from the uk and bought our sat nav here, we had to purchase the map for Turkey as an additional map (downloaded from tomtom)wherever we end up on our travels when we have had enough we just hit the 'home' button that is allocated by us to our villa and the tomtom takes us home.......... simplesoh and you can change the language to Turkish or whatever you need whirley

@All>My,my,my how things have changed. Most's GI's would've killed to have such updated techonogy years ago. And to talk about fustrations of being lost in traffic, etc--gesh! Although, I won't have a vehicle when I return to Turkey...

I may have to consider aquiring some sort of GPS device while [renting] out and about--thanks for all the input TC members.

@Sunny>"Street map" are you kidding me...the cost of a GPS device would save on many days of traffic frustrations and language barrier problems but I know your joking...ha ha he he. It was crazy when using street maps....oh, the stops, turns, and questions in my best of Turkish tries at the language...

I was so humorous and looked like the dumb American that often times they would drive ahead of me to show me the way....geesh--what good and bad times.

What, you're content with a short answer? I don't believe it, are you feeling OK?