Fada

traveling outside Turkey during processing of RP

Rate this topic

Hi everyone

I hope someone could help me with an issue regarding short term RP.

I bought a flat in Istanbul and would like to apply for RP for me and my husband, but we have to leave Turkey for more than 15 days, we have only 42 days left from our 90 days visa.

Can we do it without affecting our RP application?

The title deed is in my name, can my husband use it as his living place (Address) too? 

Thank you in advance.

FADA

Can we do it without affecting our RP application? 

Yes. As long as you have not exceeded the maximum number of days on your visa, you can still come and go on the visa until your appointment day and time. Your use of the visa will not affect your application for a residence permit.

The title deed is in my name, can my husband use it as his living place (Address) too?

Yes. He will just need a marriage certificate to prove that he is married to the owner of the property (you).

If the marriage certificate is from another country, it must have an apostille, and then it, and the apostille, must be translated into Turkish by a Turkish court-certified translator. The translation will then be notarized by a Turkish notary (this is always part of the process for foreign documents translated into Turkish, so the translator will arrange for  it).

When your husband goes to his appointment he will need a notarized copy of the tapu, and the marriage certificate to prove that he is your husband.