Ah Med

British wants to get married in Istanbul. Help Required.

Rate this topic

Hello Everyone, 

my name is Ahmed, I am living in Manchester, UK on a Travel Document with leave to remain visa in London. 
well, my fiancee lives in Pakistan and we want to get married in Turkey this summer. 

So, basically I know some basic things like 1) Passport 2) photos 3) birth certificates 4) free to marry status and so basic. 

I would be really grateful if anyone could answer me these questions I am really confuse and can't find answers on Internet;

1 - Is it necessary that we have to translate documents into Turkish in turkey? or I can do translations in UK and my fiance from Pakistan (Turkish embassy) ? and then we can stamp from Ministry of foreign affairs in Turkey? 
2 - Do I need an appointment for Ministry attestations? 
3 - and then for a Marriage office, Again should I book an appointment before travelling to Turkey?  Or Just in case, if there's delay in my documentation anywhere, can I get appointment earliest possible in Marriage Office? 
4 - I read somewhere that If both bride and groom are foreigners, then no need of any medical tests. Is this true?

5 - And last question, I would like to ask that: for example If we make appointment before travelling to turkey in marriage office and translate our documents before travelling, then how many days we will normally stay there ? Or If not, then normally how long does it takes to get everything done including wedding day... I have read somewhere it should be no more than a week and you can do everything from translation to get married in a week. But still because I have never been to turkey, I am feeling like it will take more than that. can you please explain. thank you so much!

Also, If anyone could share any address of offices or guide. I would really appreciate that. Thank you so much in advance. 

Regards,

Ahmed

1 - Is it necessary that we have to translate documents into Turkish in turkey? or I can do translations in UK and my fiance from Pakistan (Turkish embassy) ? and then we can stamp from Ministry of foreign affairs in Turkey? 

You don't have to be in Turkey to get them translated, but the translator must be a Turkish government approved translator. They often live somewhere around a Turkish embassy or consulate, and the embassy or consulate can tell you who they are and how to contact them.

You will also need an apostille on any documents which are public documents from another country. Get this before you get the translation, because that will also have to be translated. An apostille is a document attached to the public document which certifies that it's origin is legitimate.

2 - Do I need an appointment for Ministry attestations? 

I don't know what you mean by a ministry attestation. But you do need to get an appointment before you go to a Turkish embassy or consulate. They have a unversal appointment website, for all embassies and consulates worldwide, here:

Turkish Embassy and Consulate Appointment Website

3 - and then for a Marriage office, Again should I book an appointment before travelling to Turkey?  Or Just in case, if there's delay in my documentation anywhere, can I get appointment earliest possible in Marriage Office?

I am assuming that you are talking about the place where you actually become married in Turkey. Is that what you mean? Regarding the appointment, I am not sure. This is probably a question best asked to the embassy or consulate, but if you want, let me know where you want to get married and I can look in to it for you.

4 - I read somewhere that If both bride and groom are foreigners, then no need of any medical tests. Is this true?

I have read the procedures a couple of times in the past and I have never heard of that before. Where did you hear that? If on a website somewhere, do you have a link to it?

5 - And last question, I would like to ask that: for example If we make appointment before travelling to turkey in marriage office and translate our documents before travelling, then how many days we will normally stay there ?

The marriages will probably be done one day a week, when a government official is available to conduct the marriages. But again this is probably best asked at the embassy or consulate.

Or If not, then normally how long does it takes to get everything done including wedding day...

What do you mean by "everything?" It is impossible to say how long a translator will take to translate something, or how long it will take for someone to provide an apostille. Or when your appointment will be. So I am not sure what you are asking here.

I have read somewhere it should be no more than a week and you can do everything from translation to get married in a week.

They are probably talking about doing everything in Turkey, after you have all of the required documents and apostilles and translations. 

Also, If anyone could share any address of offices or guide.

Can you be more specific? What kind of offices? What kind of guides?