Dona Timani

How long is it taking to get an appointment in Istanbul?

Rate this topic

Hi everyone, 
Has anyone recently applied for a residence permit in Istanbul? I applied two days ago and the system didn't provide me with any date options. I called 157 and they told me there aren't appointments available now and all I can do is wait for an email or check the website regularly to see if the appointment option appears (right now it's greyed out). Is that normal? Any idea how long it can take before I receive an appointment date?

I am Lebanese and my husband is American, we have remote jobs and are financially stable and we're paying a lot on rent so I can't think of a reason why our applications would be rejected. I applied for 20 months residence just because I purchased 2 year health insurance and my passport expires in June 2021, so I thought why not? I hope I made the right call, I just read in another topic thread that they're only giving 6 months to Middle Easterners. :(

Not just middle easterners, the same thing happened to us, we applied and yot less than 4 months, our background is north Africans, we are european and canadian.

We moved on wwith our lives, it would of been nice to live there for the duration that we had applied for, but helas it wasn't meant to be, we wiĺl visit Turkey and it's beautiful places in  the future Inshallah.

Apparently it is normal. They will send you an SMS or an e-mail to tell you when your appointment is (depends on your chosen method of communication). It can take up to a month or two. Be sure to keep an eye on your messages either way.

Don't go by what other people say. That person probably got six months, and was from the middle east, so he assumed the two were related and came to that conclusion. The DGMM treats each person as an individual. So just because they took some action with some person doesn't mean it will be the same in your case. Good luck with it in any case... I hope you'll let us know how things go.

Excellent! Good luck to you on your appointment. I hope you will update us on what happens, so we (and I) can get a better idea of the residence permit application process in Istanbul and how things work there. I hope your appointment goes smoothly and you get your residence permit. :)

Ok, quick update: We had our appointments in Besiktas. The person in charge only took photos, the health insurance, copies of our passports' first page and entry stamp page, a notarized rental contract, fees receipt, and the residence application. My husband was also asked to provide a copy of his e-visa, which thankfully he happened to be carrying with him. And then we were asked to go to a nearby tax office and pay some additional fees (about 587 TL each). I had already paid the fees listed on the residence application so I'm not sure what where the additional fees about but we got that sorted out and went back with our receipts. Then another officer added the receipt to our files and gave each one of us a "Teblig Tebellug Belgesi" form in Turkish that we also signed. 

And that's about it! The entire process was very quick. No one asked for any of the additional documents we had, like proof of income or marriage certificate...etc.  I am not sure what to expect now, I'm assuming we'll get an email or sms soon asking for more documents?

That's great... they asked for a lot less than they do for a lot of people. I've seen some posts here where they have sent an SMS message and asked for the person to bring additional documents, but I think they sent the message before the appointment, and not after. The only other time I have ever heard of them asking for additional documents was during the appointment. Since you successfully completed your appointment, :harika: you should now have temporary residence permits, so as far as I have ever heard from feedback on the process, you'll now get your residence permits in the mail, with no further documentation required. I'm glad to hear everything went well for you! :clap: