Rate this topic

What are the differences between kargo and ptt?

I want to send items inside istanbul (from one side to another) which one is better?

They are not related at all...kargo is sending items in a courier van,boxes etc...

.PTT is the name of the Turkish Postal Service, which covers money exchange,posting letters,cargo,banking  it's own phone sim cards & much more.

PTT has kargo itself

the questions is I want to send sth from one side of istanbul to another? what is the best and cheapest way?

22 April is not a holiday in Turkey so the PTT and Banks will be open. Please note that 23 April is a holiday. At the PTT you can send items like letters and envelopes by normal mail or boxes and larger things by cargo. How much it costs depends on the weight and dimensions of the item and who fast you want it delivered.

Thanks 

Could my friend send an item to the ptt branch near my home? I mean give that address and I take from there. 

You will have to ask at the PTT. In the past you could send things to any post office, anywhere, poste restante. The item would be held by the post office and you would have to go and pick it up. With this method they don't tell you when it arrives, you just have to guess and ask them. Poste restante is postrestant in Turkish. If you have enough Turkish you can go and ask them Postrestant var mi? and if they say yes ask, Postrestant adres beni yazabilir mi? (Can you write the poste restante address for me). However the most secure way is to give your home or work address.

My friend asked ptt and they say yes you can. Also when receives to ptt I will get message I am not sure of course whether I get sms or not