Rate this topic

Over the last few weeks there have been several destructive storms in thia area. A warnig issued yesterday resulted in high winds here in Bodrum last night.

The Antalya Governor’s Office announced that all education from kindergartens to high schools have been halted in Kemer, Kumluca, Finike, Demre and Kaş districts due to the meteorological warnings about a storm that is expected to continue until Feb. 7.

With all these events in mind I am, and I am sure others on this forum are hoping that our Antalya members will be safe.

Best wishes to you all,

Pete.

Low.jpg

Yes there is a low pressure system over the Mediterranean between Libya and southern Greece moving eastwards. It will move east north east to cross the coast of Turkey. High winds, heavy rain and the possibility of waterspouts/tornadoes are forecast.

My water tank got blown off the roof of my apartment last week. This thing was bolted to the concrete roof. The wind ripped it off and bounced it halfway across the roof before it landed on the terrace. Good thing the terrace was there to stop its fall, or it might have hit something, or someone, on the street.

I avoid walking around outside during high winds, you never know what might blow off of a building.

su-deposu.png

All fixed now I trust Ken. Over here in Ortakent the wind started to get up around 6pm on the 6th. Whilst we were in bed the noise outside was horrendous. The following morning I first went outside to check that my solar panels and satellite dishes were still there. Next I looked out the terrace doors into the garden, as we have a few very old olive trees on our boundary I was looking skyward to count the amount of large branched still in place. There was what we thought was one of my wifes olive trees that she planted some years ago on the ground. It turned out to be a branch from one of the older trees. We have spoken to neighbours but there doesn't appear to be any damage locally thankfully.

The weather here in Turkey seems to become more extreme with each passing year

Pete.

P.S. I wanted to post a couple of pictures but as yet I have no idea how to.