Star

Rent renewal

Rate this topic

Hello guys,

I should renew my rent next week. Owner told that 20 percent will be increased. However, this is unfair. I checked the TUKETICI website and it is maximum 16% previous month and February it would be less I guess. https://kira-artisi-hesaplama.hesabet.com/

Some people said that you can bargain to even 10 % since many renters cannot pay on time and if anybody pays regularly he can persuade owner.

Anybody has any experience?

When in the following ”Rent Increase Ratio Calculation Tool” link….
Make sure that under ” Rent Increase Rate:” the * is in this line…”Consumer Price Index (CPI) (Select for dates from 18 January 2019)”… before filling in your figures.

https://kira-artis-orani.hesaplama.net/

The lease agreements in Turkey are regulated mainly with the Turkish Code of Obligations No. 6098 (TCO), dated November 1, 2011  Consumer Price Index (CPI) (Select for dates from 18 January 2019) which sets forth a specific section for leases of residential and business premises.
If you pay your rent in Turkish lira, your landlord cannot legally raise your rent more than the yearly increase in Turkey’s wholesale price index.

So, it is %16,33  for the previous month, right? The first table is the one we should refer as far as I know and the last interest CPI is a main reference.  This link could be used as a reference, right?

This month is smaller even. It will be opened in 4'th of February. However, the thing is the landlord can easily say that leave the house. Has he right to do so?

I hope 10% is fair!

If you have been paying your rent and have not violated the contract, you have the right to stay there and rent the place for ten years. Even if the rental contract states it is for one year at a time, because rental contracts are considered to renew automatically for ten years. After ten years, if the landlord wants you to leave, he must send you a legal notification through a notary. The only way he can kick you out before ten years is if you have broken the contract, not paid the rent, etc. So if you have not broken the rental contract, and have been paying your rent, the landlord can increase the rent as explained above, but you don't have to worry about being kicked out.

An average of the ÜFE (Producer Price Index) and the TÜFE (Consumer Price Index) for the previous twelve months is used to set the maximum amount that a landlord can raise the rent. You can negotiate for less. So the February amount in the table would be the average of the ÜFE and TÜFE from February 2018 through January 2019. So if that average is 16.33%, then that is the maximum amount the landlord can increase your rent.

The tufe is 17.3%. I still try to reduce

I reduced it to 12.5% and now try 10% for a fairplay!

Good luck with it. Recently my landlord tried to raise the rent by some 50%. I explained to him that this was illegal and explained the law to him. He already knew the law, he was just hoping I didn't know it. I ended up with a much more reasonable rent increase.

THanks

Yeah we should check the website stated above to be sure. The legal rise is the percent written there