Karam

Private schools in Izmir

Rate this topic

Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum.  I am planning to move to Izmir towards the end of May 2019, with my family (2 children: 4th and 1st graders) and looking for private schools that include, at least some English in their curriculum.  And to avoid having to buy a car, at least for the first year, I am looking to buy a 2bedroom closer to the school, so that I can drop off and pick up my kids myself.  I prefer a neighborhood that is children friendly; where maybe there are parks for them to play, and it goes without saying Safety is more important.  so my questions are:

1.  what private schools in Izmir include some English in their curriculum?

2. which of those are in kid-friendly neighborhoods

3. how would you rate their safety

4.  anything else you would like to add:) 

I know I probably need a magic wand to get what I want, however, I also know that I can do so with your help.

Thank you!

I contacted a friend of mine in Izmir. He is Turkish-American and runs a travel agency there. He said that he sends his son to the American College Institute. While I sent him your questions he didn't reply to them, he just recommended this school. But I knowing him, I am sure that if it wasn't a good school he wouldn't be sending his son there.  You can learn more about the school here:

American College Institute, Izmir

Their website is in Turkish and English.

The fees are seriously expensive. there are others which teach a fair percentage in English but are all expensive. look also at MEF Izmir https://www.mefis.k12.tr/izmir/learning-at-mef/primary-school/overview/

Sorry I cannot answer more of your questions, I have not lived in Izmir for many years.

good luck

Thank you Ken, I appreciate your help!  I checked out ACI and really liked it, but their prices are above my budget.