Rate this topic

Hi guys, 

I need to provide police clearance certificate from Turkish. In order to get this certificate , I have to provide identity card that I wonder could be Turkish identity card for foreigner or my own nationality identity card. If it Turkish foreigner identity card " kimlik". Then I will be in the complex situation. Since it was 10 year ago ( 18 years old) I lived in Ankara as Student for only a year ( now I am 28 @[email protected]) and both ikamet& kimlik I believe lost ages agos.  I hope you guys can give me any advice Incase they need  kimlik ,how I can I find my number. As I remember I need to had my ikamet done after that got kimlik number. 

Thank you guys.

Try this page. It is the website for the Citizenship and Population Directorate (Nüfus). According to this page, you can enter your personal details and search to find your foreigner identity number.

https://tckimlik.nvi.gov.tr/Modul/YabanciKimlikNoSorgula

The information you need is:

Adı: First Name

Soyadı: Last Name

Baba Adı: Father's name

Anne Adı: Mother's name

Doğum Tarihi: Birth Date (Day, Month, Year)

Cinsiyet: Gender

It worked for me when I entered the above information. But I had to do it a few times to get the correct information in. For example, I have a first and middle name, so for the first name I had to enter both my first and middle names in the same box. Also I found that my father's name an two "i"s in it, and I had to try both the Turkish un-dotted i and also the dotted i.

Anyway the page does work, you might just need to play with it a few times to get it to display your foreigner identity number.

Hi ken, heaps thank for you advise. 

Unfortunately, this site neither work for me. I just tried the link you gave me and filled all details but my Id cannot be found. 

May be instead of kimlik, do you know how to find ikamet number ?? Or any ways will be helpful.  

Thank you . 

I think you may have posted just as I was editing my previous post. For me, I had to enter my information a few times in different ways, have you tried that? Please see my above post again, I think you read it before I finished updating it. Your kimlik number and ikamet number are the same number.

Yes that correct Ken, open the post as soon as before you edit it. And now I am still try exactly what you suggest . Try to different Turkish alphabet and modified it into my name and parents name.  Unfortunately, still trying one by one now . Does is student ID card can be use to track kimlik number ? I still have my METU student ID no. 

Student ID isn't the same and I don't think that will help you... that number is probably issued by the university.

Click on my username on the left. That will take you to my profile. In my profile, click "Send Message." Then send me the information I mentioned above and I will try it for you.

Hi, I recently tried the Kimlik Application online but is giving me errors whenever i reached to the travel document portion. Isn't allowing my passport number and is the same Passport I used to enter Turkey (3) days back. Please I need help if anyone had this incident before. Thank you. 

@Ken Grubb

You can call the help line at 157 and ask them what to do. As for me, I also had the problem, as I recall, it wouldn't accept all numbers for my USA visa. It seemed to require that I enter some letters as well. So I ended up entering something like "USA123456" that is, "USA" with my real passport number, and the system took it. I probably should have said something about this at my appointment, but I didn't... might be a good idea though. In any case, they do have my passport number in their system now.

The problem is that your passport expiry date is too soon. Your passport must expire at least six months after your residence permit will expire.

Your passport must be valid for a minimum of 60 days past the expiry date of the Reidencey being applied for . So if you were applying for your 1 year RP to start tomorrow, it would expire 7/5/2020  and your passport expires 12/11/2019...

Finally, everything is fine. I had a new Passport, so I decided to use the expiry date of the New Passport instead of the Old Passport and the system took. Normally the Passport I used to enter Turkey should expired on 12/11/2019, but i decided to use 11/03/2024 in the new Passport and fortunately the system accepted. I am now waiting for my appointment date to be given by GIGM. Thank you all. Cheers :)))

Screenshot 2019-05-06 at 22.39.18.png

OK 60 days, I knew there was a 6 in it. Thanks Redders.