LesL

Goc Idaresi gave me a barcode but not at PTT local office!

Rate this topic

Hi Ken, 

I went to Goc Idaresi Ankara today inquiring on the status to a mistake made on my kimlik card that I received back on 13 Dec 2018, which I turned it in for correction. Since it's been more than 5 weeks, I inquired today. The officer pulled up my record and then gave me a PTT barcode. I went to check at my local PTT after, but I was informed that no package has come in yet with that barcode. I also checked on gonderitakip.ptt.gov.tr but no details are showing. Could you help understand this situation? Does this mean soon I'll receive a text on my phone? I'm confused how is that I was given a barcode when the PTT doesn't seem to have the package? Thanks Ken for your help. 

I think you should go back to the Göç İdaresi and check with them. It may be the person wrote the bar code number incorrectly. If they gave you a barcode, then one exists, so your RP must be in the system somewhere.

Thanks Ken. I checked the https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr for my application status and shows "It is under assessment". It's confusing to me, but upon your suggestion, I'll go back to the Goc Idaresi to follow up. Thanks again.

That is strange. The normal procedure is for them to approve it, then send it by PTT registered mail. It is then the barcode is created. So the best thing to do wiuld be to go to the DGMM to find out what's going on. Good luck with it, I hope you get it sorted out.