AFS

Renewing resident permit in different city

Rate this topic

Hello Everyone,

I need some advise prior to renewal of RP.

Your help is much appreciated.

My parents ( my father and mother both over 65 ) got their RP expiring end of August 2019. This was issued in Antalya for one year and it was on a rental agreement.

Since then Me and my cousin bought a flat in Alany for our parents and  Tapu is registered on our names but we both live in Europe and come and visit our parents sometimes.

My question is can we apply for our parents in Alanya to renew their RP on our property as they will be living here not in Antalya. and can we apply for 2 years RP since this property is bought for them.

in terms of finances we are supporting them so can we show our financial statements from Europe not turkey.

What are the procedures so we can prepare in advance and plan our trip to turkey in terms of timings to be there to help my parents.

Thanks  for your help.

I think the first thing for your parents and you to do is to change their address on their existing permit with the Nufus office in Alanya. they will need you to provide a notarised document to say that you will take care of their needs, I think that it needs to be signed by you and your cousin (as the cousin's name is on the tapu). You can use financial records from a European bank to prove your funds.

If your parents are living in your new place then they should have notified the nufus office already. It is not usually a problem, we were two years late when we relocated from Istanbul, I assumed that moving my residence permit to here was enough. It was not.

You should change the address at the nufus office as soon as they start living there, even if it is too early to apply for the RP. I do not know what length they give in Alanya

Hi AFS,this is slightly complicated as your parents cannot register themselves at your property & they don't have the Tapu in their name,neither i assume do they have a rental agreement from you to show the Nufus officer.
You can do one of two things here....either 'sell the property to them' so their names are on the Tapu or if you want to keep your names on the Tapu you & your cousin need to come over and at a Noters office get a Taahhname & state on it that they can live there & that you'll supply their finances to live here.This will allow them to make their next RP application too at the new address..

A few years ago we 'sponsored' a friend to live with us. As she was female my wife also had to give her agreement. We had to declare that we would support her financially and feed her etc. They accepted this and on the strength of this she was given her RP. This would have been 2016. The noter drew up the contract, we both signed it, took it to the nufus office, they did a print out listing her address as ours, too it to the Göç idaresi, they accepted it.

On 20/01/2019 at 09:06, IbrahimAbi said:

You should change the address at the nufus office as soon as they start living there, even if it is too early to apply for the RP. I do not know what length they give in Alanya

Hi Ibrahim Abi

Many thanks for your valuable advice.