Ashfaq

Is online application for RP and waiting time for physical interview considered as visa?

Rate this topic

Mr Grubb,

I have already purchased a property and completed all necessary paperwork related to this in Turkey. Now awaiting to submit my online application for Residence Permit (RP).

Is my mother eligible to receive RP using my Tapu deed? If yes, appreciate if you kindly guide the correct way.

In case, Ans is “NO” to ques no 1. What’s the alternative way/s to find solution?

Can I translate the legalized Marriage certificate in Turkish language and notarized it in Turkey for submission?

Is online application for RP and waiting time for physical interview considered as visa to stay in Turkey for 90 days or so on, if issued visa on passport is expired?

Is my mother eligible to receive RP using my Tapu deed? If yes, appreciate if you kindly guide the correct way.

I doubt it, because she isn't an owner of the property and she isn't on the title deed (tapu). But she can get a residence permit using your address just like anybody else can. She can apply for a short-term residence permit, and for her proof of address, you need to get what is called a taahhutname, in English, an "undertaking." You can go to a noter (notary public) and they will create one for you. In that document you will assume responsibility for your mother, for example, making sure she keeps her residence permit current, doesn't run up a lot of bills and leave the country, etc... Call the Directorate General of Migration Management (DGMM)'s customer service line at 157 from any telephone in Turkey to make sure.

Here is an article about using another person's address for a residence permit.

Can I translate the legalized Marriage certificate in Turkish language and notarized it in Turkey for submission?

If the marriage certificate is from another country, you must have an apostille. An apostille is a document or stamp on the certificate which certifies that it came from the government office which issued it. You have to get this in your own country. If your country is not a member of the apostille convention, then you won't be able to get an apostille. In that case you need to contact your country's foreign ministry to see how the document can be legalized for use in Turkey. They will have some other procedure you will have to follow.

After you have the marriage certificate, with the apostille (or other document your country uses), you need to take it to a notary in Turkey. Notaries work with sworn translators. They will tell you what translator to go to. After the translation is done, the notary will stamp it. That will make your marriage certificate legal in Turkey. Then you can submit it with your application.

So you need to:

1. Get the marriage certificate
2. Get an apostille for it or do what citizens of your country have to do to make their documents legal in Turkey
3. Bring the apostilled or otherwise legalized document to Turkey
4. Have the document translated in Turkey by an official sworn translator, then have the translation notarized.

For more on apostilles see this article

Apostilles

Is online application for RP and waiting time for physical interview considered as visa to stay in Turkey for 90 days or so on, if issued visa on passport is expired?

No, it's not a visa, but you can legally stay in Turkey, until your appointment, even after you have exceeded the number of days allowed on your visa, as long as your application has been accepted, and you have your printed residence permit application and your passport with you.

Thanks for the reply, Mr Grubb. It's in deed fruitful. 

Would you please put your note on following:

Basically, wish to know,clear instruction, about submitted online application form can be substitute for visa.  For example, I have applied online and waiting for appointment date to meet the officials physically with all documents. At this stage, if my Turkey visa that I revived in Passport expired before the appointment or interview, can this online application form substitute as legal document to stay in Turkey till I face the appointment?

I have applied online and waiting for appointment date to meet the officials physically with all documents.

If you have completed your application and it was accepted by the online system, you should have been given a link to download your application and print it. Keep a copy of that with you, along with your passport. Even if you have exceeded the number of days allowed on your visa, you can stay legally in Turkey until you go to your appointment.

At this stage, if my Turkey visa that I revived in Passport expired before the appointment or interview, can this online application form substitute as legal document to stay in Turkey till I face the appointment?

Yes.

That is how it is done. Once you have successfully applied and you are waiting for your appointment, you can stay legally in Turkey even after you have gone beyond the number of days allowed on your visa. You will be legally in Turkey until you go to your appointment.