Max Springer

Can I stay in Turkey while my residence permit is processed?

Rate this topic

So here's the deal,

I submitted my application for the short term tourist residence permit on 31/12/2018 at the pendik office here in istanbul. After the clerk took my application he gave me a "teblig tebellug belgesi" and said that my residence permit would be sent in the mail. Here is the problem. I am currently here on a 90 day e-visa which should expire on 14/01/2019. The permit should be sent to my current residence here in Pendik via the post but I am wondering how long it will take to arrive and if I have the right to stay in the country until my application is processed. If I cannot stay I will need to leave by the end of the week and my roommate would need to send me the permit when it arrives. However it would be much easier if I can stay in the country while I wait. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks!!!

also.. I have been reading some similar posts in this forum which mention the issuing of an A4 temporary residence permit once the e-ikamet is submitted at the municipality office. However when my visit to the municipality concluded I was not given this document I was only give the "teblig tebellug belgesi" which as I understands is just a submission confirmation. 

If you have successfully completed your application and your appointment, you can stay in Turkey until your residence permit card arrives. Keep that document with you, as well as your passport. Even if you exceed the number of days allowed on your visa it doesn't matter, you can stay.