Mushrf

How can I check the status of my renewal application of my RP ?

Rate this topic

Hi everyone,

I am really glad to find this forum as everyone is talking English !

I need your help in my case, I have hired someone to apply for a renewal of my touristic RP, it was 4 months, and we applied for 2 years, that person did the renewal through PTT, and after few days he sent me this pic (attached) as a proof of the approval, however, he is not telling me the system he gets this proof from, I think that happens for business and profession secrets reasons ! 

could anyone tell me where can I check the renewal status of my RP application ? before you guys tell me to try this web I like to tell you that I have done that through https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr  but It did not work. I believe he uses a different web for checking the renewal status.

One last thing, I have had two days left in my previous RP  before I left the country during the process of the renewal, Now the old RP is expired, and I am outside of Turkey, am I in the safe side ? would my being outside of Turkey effect the renewal process ? Thanks a lot.

M.jpeg

If you're outside of Turkey,how are you going to know if/when your RP card is being delivered to your property ?..as you'd get a text from the PTT to your Turkish phone stating the date the package left Ankara. This text you'll never recieve if not in Turkey,even if your Turkish phone is set to roaming.
There is no way to check the progress as such. If you use the RP application site you'll just get ''under assessment'' & basically be told  the same if you call the Foreigners helpline number. They hold no more information than that.
By my reckoning you have an RP valid from the 25.12.2018 to 25.8.2020. You're just waiting for it to be printed and dispatched from Ankara ,but being out of the country won't help as you won't know if the PTT have tried to deliver to your address or if the package is sitting in a PTT office.

Hi REDDERS, thanks for reply, in fact, I have some relatives living in my house, they are supposed to receive the card once it arrives, they did the same when I got the first time residence permit, I have a turkish phone number working with my relatives just for the. SMS purpose, I hope I clarified it well, now you tell me how can we check the status ? Because in the immigration web it does not show any assessment status , however in the first time RP I could check the status and follow up online.

thanks

There is no way to follow the status because as i mentioned before all the application website will say is 'under assessment' & if they phoned the helpline they would be told the same. It would seem there us no more information available than that on the system, until you get the phone text from the PTT stating the package has left Ankara & giving a tracking Barcode for you to go to the PTT website & track it's progress to your location.

Thanks for your help, I totally understand this point,  I would like to clarify that there is no (Under Assessment) message in the system, all what the system is saying is that: "the five days for submitting your docs is over" in Turkish of course, one friend told me that I get this error because the old RP is expired, it makes sense, but I still wonder about the picture in the main topic I attached, it is saying that I got 2 years ! where do you think this message from ? from which system ? 

To be honest,i've never seen that before,but the system does seem to throw up some random pop ups for different folk...some never to be seen again.!
Yours may be showing that your application has been approved & these are the dates of validity that will show on your new card.

1 minute ago, REDDERS said:

To be honest,i've never seen that before,but the system does seem to throw up some random pop ups for different folk...some never to be seen again.!
Yours may be showing that your application has been approved & these are the dates of validity that will show on your new card.

I hope so, thanks dear ..