Fil

Turkish Pensions for Foreign Employees

tcadmin

Note: This topic has been split off from another topic. In the original topic, a member posted about Turkish pensions which was a different topic from the one being discussed. Unfortunately they removed their original post, so the replies seem to start out of nowhere. But it is a good subject and worth its own topic.

The starting post had to do with whether foreigners could receive a pension in Turkey, after working for a Turkish employer.

The conversation begins there.

Message added by tcadmin

Rate this topic

I'm surprised at this as I know some foreigners who are getting the pension. But I don't know whether they have citizenship. Legally speaking I don't see how they can refuse anyone who has made the necessary contributions. Do you know anyone who was refused on these grounds ibo? And can any of our legal eagles explain why?

As far as I can see from various internet sources foreigners can receive sgk pensions.

For example:

They all say more or less this, that foreigners now have the same rights as Turkish citizens in this respect.

Sosyal güvenlik hakkından, yabancı çalışanların faydalanıp faydalanmayacağı konusunda bazen tereddüt yaşandığı görünüyor. Oysa ki hem Türk hem de yabancı çalışanlar için sosyal güvenlik hakkı anayasal bir hak olarak güvence altına alınmıştır. Bunun doğal sonucu olarak emeklilik açısından yabancı uyruklu kişilerin Türk uyruklulardan farkı olmadığından yeterli prim ödemesi varsa ve yaşı tamamlamışsa emekli olma hakkı olacaktır.

To be honest Fil, my info is at least 8 years old. The only ones of my (foreign) colleagues who could claim a pension were those with Turkish citizenship. I hope that i am wrong as I paid into the system for 7 years.

TURKISH PENSIONS.
Claiming your SGK retirement (emekli) money from the Turkish government.
This is only possible if you’ve held a Work permit & worked in Turkey for a minimum of 5,000 days
  1. You must have formally retired from your position.
  2. You must not have made previous arrangements to have your retirement payment made into a retirement fund/superannuation fund in your home country (you can only have done this if the Turkish government has a reciprocal agreement in your home country).And, of course, you must have worked for an organisation that offered SGK benefits during the course of your employment.
  3. Start the application process by visiting the SGK office closest to your last employment location. Have your Turkish employment history printed off,then be guided by the SGK staff as to the process in your area.

Turkish Pension Laws are so tricky and full up with traps, countless executive orders invented to back up  the deficits (of which alarming yearly ave $65B since 2008) and desperate debits to foriegn sources  of Government. 

Yes, foreign employees have to pay social coverage fees and may take you the level for becoming a pensioner in Turkey.  But the laws for business owners are still flu. You may not pay any social coverage fee when you properly  act (!) and prove you'r under social coverage in your country (at this point, health  insurance is to be checked)

The clerks at the counters of Social Security Departments do not know much about the new orders and applications. I advise you to contact  lawyers or detectives of the SGK Bureaus. 

It is a beautiful country but run by wrong hands.

Happy New Year  to you all