Onlyme

What is the thing with going to the army in 3 weeks?

Rate this topic

I have a turkish friend, he told me he has to go to the army for three weeks if I pays for it. Only for thos weeks, but what is the point? what are they doing only during those three weeks? is it war, or only military? i didn't want to ask him to much..but he didn't seem so worried in the messages. 

https://www.dailysabah.com/turkey/2018/07/18/25-days-and-a-small-fee-for-new-military-service-exemption

Under the proposed regulations, anyone aged 25 and younger can pay TL 15,000 ($3,133) and be exempt from military service, save from 25 days of conscription. This short enlistment term distinguishes it from previous practices of paid military service where applicants only needed to pay the fee and were not obliged to serve even for one day.

Why are you paying for it? 

Do you even know if what he is saying is true? Even if it is, don't pay for it, even if he swears he will pay you back. Trust me on that one. If he has to do his military service, then let him. Everybody else does. His request is beyond unreasonable, in my opinion... :)

Every Turkish citizen who is male is required by law to serve.  It is not war, but essentially a draft system to ensure the military is manned.  As the article says, you can opt out by paying.  I know many people who have done this.

"I have a turkish friend, he told me he has to go to the army for three weeks if I pays for it..."

We saw this and looks like you're stating that he wanted you to pay....as Ken said, do not pay.