Susie151

Moving to Izmir

Rate this topic

Hello All!

I'm a 25 years and would like to move to live and work in Izmir on my own. How do you think would it be hard to find a job remotely while I'm in my home country? I have applied for several positions through kariyer.net, but got no luck yet :(

Thank you in advance!

Susie

Izmir is a great choice, I lived there for around seven years. If you have a university degree, you can get certified as an English teacher, in that case jobs would be plentiful. Otherwise the company involved would either need to have a job with requirements that an unemployed Turk could not fulfill, or they have to have more than five employees.

It sounds to me like you are doing the right thing so far. But have a look at this article about finding a job in Turkey. At the bottom, there are links to even more employment websites that you might try.

Dear Ken,

Thank you very much for your reply. The point is I speak English but I'm not a native speaker.. I mean there is plenty of jobs for native English speakers, but I only have university degree in translation studies with English as primary language.

Do you know any online platforms where I can network with locals? 

Once again thank you for your help and sharing the article, this is indeed useful :)

Best,
Susie