Sign in to follow this  
Ken Grubb

E-Visa Kiosks Being Removed from Airports

Rate this topic

I've just learned that travelers coming to Turkey without an e-visa will no longer be able to get one on arrival. Until now, they had kiosks where one could go and get an e-visa, but they are being removed. I have no information about how one might get a visa if there is are no kiosks, but it probably won't be easy. So if you have friends or family coming to Turkey, make sure they know that they must get an e-visa online before the come.

Let me add that you MUST bring a printout, I was directed to get and pay for a new visa because the system showed my kids and hubby's visa but mine wasn't showing. Luckily Ihad downloaded it, the agent was nice enough tolet me pull it out from files and she accepted it.

It will cause delays at the checking in desk as the staff will now have to check that each passenger has a visa for turkey before checking them onto the flight. More delays at the airport before departure to Turkey. If you don't have the printout you will not be allowed onto the plane.

Oh I don't think turkish airlines would have a problem with delays, if procedures take long at the airport, they will just take off even if you check in on time, and even if they see you coming at the gate, that happened to us, no refund, no discount we had to buy brand new tickets!