Sign in to follow this  
Heraa Farooq

Which province is better and easier to apply for Turkish residency?

Rate this topic

I am looking forward to apply for Turkish residency, I have been to Istanbul before and wanted to apply for residency from there but I have read it takes a lot of time to get an interview slot in Istanbul, so I was looking for other options. Also can anyone help me out with the requirements for getting the citizenship? Every web tells a different requirement. Thank you

If you're going to live in Istanbul, you must apply for residence in Istanbul. Regarding citizenship, here is everything I know about the process from my research and interviews with people who have done it:

Obtaining Turkish Citizenship

Thank you Kenn :Turkey:But for citizenship I would have to get residence permit first. Can you help me out with the procedure of getting that as well? I have heard that the laws have changed and now the requirements are different. Please help :Turkey:

Thank you

Yes, of course... read these articles:

Turkey Residence Permits

I don't think anything has really changed, it is just that Istanbul has a big problem with foreigners coming in and getting residence permits and then working illegally, and also with fake documents. But the rules are the same.

You will need a short-term residence permit, and the articles linked to above are about that.

21 hours ago, Heraa Farooq said:

I have been to Istanbul before and wanted to apply for residency from there but I have read it takes a lot of time to get an interview slot in Istanbul

Things are changed in Istanbul. Now you can have an appointment within 1 month and the residence permit within another month. So if you apply from the web site tomorrow you will receive the residence permit on 9 december or early

Thank you Ken and Wb.

Wb, So I should be in Turkey to get the appointment or I can apply for it from my home country? Also I was planning to come on a 1 month visa, would that be sufficient for getting short term residency? Or I would have to leave Turkey when my visa will expire? 

Also would it be alright if i can show my fiancé bank statement from UK for my financials background? 

6 minutes ago, Heraa Farooq said:

So I should be in Turkey to get the appointment or I can apply for it from my home country? Also I was planning to come on a 1 month visa, would that be sufficient for getting short term residency? Or I would have to leave Turkey when my visa will expire? 

Also would it be alright if i can show my fiancé bank statement from UK for my financials background? 

You must apply once you are in Turkey. Your visa can even expire the day after you applied from the goç idaresi web site, you can stay in Turkey with an expired visa while you are waiting for your request to be approved.  For the bank statement i don't know for sure, but i have friends they presented financial documents from their original countries and that was accepted