flintstone

Criminal Record Check for Residedence Permit

Rate this topic

Ken, I'm returning to Turkey after being gone for three years and I have heard so much conflicting info about criminal background requirement I don't know which way to jump.  If I have lived in Turkey in the last 5 years can I get the check from Turkish authorities or do I need to get it from the U.S. ?

Hi Flintstone,

You had posted this previously in the Incirlik forum, will you be going to Incirlik as military personnel or an employee? I ask that because the procedure may be different in that case.

See this article about criminal record checks:

If you are a US or UK citizen, there are links at the bottom of that article to information about how to get a criminal records check for those countries.

If you have any questions after reading that article, just post them here and one of our experienced members or I will try to answer them.

Thanks Ken.  I'll be coming as a retiree married to a Turkish citizen.  I had a resident permit from 2014 thru 2015 but left the country before it expired.  I got it under the old Police system and that's why I'm not familiar with the new rules.  I called the consulate and they informed me they have nothing to do with it anymore.

An early "welcome back" to you!

Have a look in the Guides section, first tab in the navigation menu at the top. There are lots of articles about residence permits, you can get a "family residence permit" if you are married to a Turk, your spouse will be the "sponsor," and you will have the family residence permit. There is an article about those as well. Each province has its own office of the Göç İdaresi Genel Müdürlüğü (Directorate of Migration Management, or DGMM).

To where in Turkey will you be coming? There are also pages for each DGMM... with a map showing where they are. They are in the "Businesses" section, but if you tell me what place you're coming to, I can give you a direct link to that page.