Yabangee

Residence Permit Approval Status is Unclear

Rate this topic

Hello everyone,

As REDDERS here said - he is yet to hear of someone’s appeal being accepted. Let me just say - he will still have to wait.

My appeal against their decision was rejected. No explaination was given. I was given an option to appeal to the Ankara Administrative Court, although appealing there doesn’t stop implementation of the decision of DGMM to leave the country within 10 days. Moreover, they refused to refund 2,700+ liras I paid for ikamet taxes.

So, I am leaving tomorrow morning to visit Georgia, buy some bottles of Georgian wine to help ease the sorrow, and come back Monday morning. I should be allowed another 90 days visa-free and will reapply for another residence permit type. Wish me luck :-)

Ouch. I am really sorry to hear that. But as you are thinking, you can come back and reapply again, and I hope that one gets approve. Thanks Yabangee, for coming back to let us know the outcome. If there is anything we can help with, we'll still be here.

Hey guys. I have a question.

My mom had an appointment for residency. It was 2 days ago and my mom went to Izmır and gave her documents.

The same they when i checked from goc.gov.tr  there was a status of "değerlendirme aşamasında". Now i looked if there is anything new and it says that they gave it to PTT. How is this possible? Did they indeed accepted her docs and send the card to PTT? Do i understand this right?

We didn't receive SMS about the result.
2018-09-21_00h03_12.thumb.png.01805c7070aa604178241f738ad20685.png

I have some unofficial news. It seems in Istanbul Goç IDaresi Istanbul do not require anymore 6 months bank statement, health report and criminal report. 3 sources have already confirmed this. IF it's true it's certainly a good news because will be much more easy to get the residence permit in Istanbul. Wait few more days and let's see if and what changed

@Alen, it is possible. But that is indeed very fast. They must not have a heavy workload in Izmir or somehow your mother's application got sent in before the others.

You don't get the SMS message when the DGMM sends your residence permit to the PTT. You only get it when the PTT sends it to you. I imagine that will be in just a few days.

@wbtcpip, thanks for that info... yes, indeed good news... thanks for letting us know!

Ken thanks for the reply.

I called to 157 and they gave me the barkod number. They said that they cant specify of what's in it. 

In PTT's website and it has a status of "HABERLESME/NITELIKLI". It's been sent from Ankara.

My mom will buy a ticked and go to Izmir to get it. Hopefully it's not a decline paper or something like that :glare:

I had my appointment last week (in Maltepe, trying to renew a tourism residence permit for the third time), and they did ask me to come back with the health report and criminal background check. (Those documents had not been listed under the required documents on the application form I printed out.) I had already brought financial documentation so not sure if they would have asked for that.

Well that's interesting because a friend of mine posted his application off on Thursday presumably to be processed at Bakirkoy. He sent none of the extra documents just standard stuff and he got a text back this afternoon saying his "request has been evaluated positively" - nothing extra needed. They would only have received on Monday - so all done in 2 days. He applied for 2 years so we'll see how long he gets when the card comes.

On 15/09/2018 at 21:28, Yabangee said:

So, I am leaving tomorrow morning to visit Georgia, buy some bottles of Georgian wine to help ease the sorrow, and come back Monday morning. I should be allowed another 90 days visa-free and will reapply for another residence permit type. Wish me luck :-) 

@Yabangee, I'm in identical situation as you were :(

So I'm planning to do the same thing: go out of Turkey and then come back and try again.

Question is when you left did your visa was still valid?

I ended up overstaying mine and I'm not sure, will I be able to come back next day as you did. I know that I'll have to pay a fine, which is not a problem. Problem will be, if I'll have to wait some specific time before returning (for example, 3 months).

Guys, do you know anything about it?

Elbrus,if your RP application was a renewal,then you can exit Turkey,paying an overstay fine & re enter with a new visa. If however you were here with a visa when making your RP application,then you will as above pay a fine on exit but need to stay out a minimum of 90 days ,as per the Immigration visa laws.

On 21/09/2018 at 18:21, Alen said:

Ken thanks for the reply.

I called to 157 and they gave me the barkod number. They said that they cant specify of what's in it. 

In PTT's website and it has a status of "HABERLESME/NITELIKLI". It's been sent from Ankara.

My mom will buy a ticked and go to Izmir to get it. Hopefully it's not a decline paper or something like that :glare:

Guys. My mom got her RP. They approved and sent her RP Card in 2 days. 

Still can't believe this. Never saw anything like that before. 

My friend who got who got his postal application done in double quick time got his PTT message on Monday and his card on Tuesday. So from posting off his application to receiving the card 12 days in total. This is what it can and should be like. Long may it last. Only downside was that he got 1 year having applied for 2. So I still don't think it is worth bothering to apply for 2 years at the moment.

Hi Redders

Yes I am aware of that. In fact for those who weren't rejected six months was the norm. Since April until this week I had only heard of one person getting a year. But I've heard of 3 people this week. I was hoping the Goc Idaresi in Istanbul, as well as speeding everything up and not asking for loads of extra documents might actually give people 2 years now when they apply and pay for it but that didn't happen to my friend. People whose applications started more than 2 weeks ago may still be being dealt with in the old way. I've heard of one guy who has been waiting since early June and each time he asks at the Fatih central office he's told it's still being processed.

On 03/10/2018 at 21:05, GrahamN said:

might actually give people 2 years now when they apply and pay for it.

Today i received a message from goç idaresi, my residence permit request has been evaluated positively. I had my interview in Istanbul Pendik on 29 august and i applied and payed for 2 years. I wait for the card to come to know how many months or years they gave me.