TK1

Wrong calculation?

Rate this topic

Sorry, I am still very new to the site and finding my way around. I hope this is the correct forum to post this.

I was reading:

and it says "Let's say it's October 1st. You want to know how much time you have on your visa. Count back 180 days from October 1st (you can use the date calculator under "External Links". You will see the date 180 days previously was July 3rd."

But counting back 180 days from October 1st is not July 3rd. It is April 4th. (July 3rd to October 1st is only 90 days, not 180 days.)

More importantly, I was trying to determine when I can return to Turkey with a new e-visa after I have overstayed and paid the fine and not issued a ban on exit. For example, suppose my e-visa is valid for 180 days from January 1st, 2018 through June 30th, 2018. I arrived in Turkey on January 1st, 2018. I should have exited Turkey after 90 days on April 1, 2018. Instead, I overstayed and left Turkey on June 30th, 2018. That means I overstayed for 90 days. I paid the fine at the airport. I was not notified of having been banned. When is the soonest date I can return to Turkey with a new e-visa?

You're welcome. Can you answer the question I asked? This has been a point of debate among me and some of my friends who are in the same boat.

Suppose my e-visa is valid for 180 days from January 1st, 2018 through June 30th, 2018. I arrived in Turkey on January 1st, 2018. I should have exited Turkey after 90 days on April 1, 2018. Instead, I overstayed and left Turkey on June 30th, 2018. That means I overstayed for 90 days. I paid the fine at the airport. I was not notified of having been banned. When is the soonest date I can return to Turkey with a new e-visa?

As I understand it, you can buy as many visas as you want, back-to-back. If your previous one is expired (past its 180-day duration), could by a new one online right now, and it would be valid for the next 180 days.

But if you have been in Turkey for more than 90 days in the past 180 day rolling period, regardless of the validity period of your new visa, you won't be able to re-enter, because the number of days you have been in Turkey exceeds 90 days in the previous 180-day period. Buying a new visa does not re-set the number of days you are allowed in Turkey back to 90.

So theoretically, if, in the last 180-day period you have been in Turkey for 85 days, you could re-enter and stay for five days, then you would have to leave. On the same visa or a new visa, it doesn't matter.

So the validity date of the visa is one thing, and the number of days you have been in Turkey during the last 180-day period is another.

You have to meet both requirements:

The first is to have a visa which is still in its 180-day duration.

The second is to have spent less than a total of 90 days in country during the previous 180 day period, regardless of the duration period of whatever visa you have.

So to answer your question, it would depend on what date you enter Turkey. From whatever date that will be, you will have to count back 180 days, then see how many days of that 180-day period you have already been in Turkey. Then subtract that number from 90 to get the number of days you can be in Turkey during your next trip.