Rate this topic

Went to Vergi with my phone, paid fee to have it opened, was sent to Turkcell by the lady to complete the  process. Turkcell sent me to PPT big language problem there, young man shouted in my face and through my phone and passport at me. What am I actually doing with my phone?

Ha, my phone is working but I don’t know if I have done everything correctly. I had a message from e devlet and followed the instructions. I put my Kimlik number in, I don’t have a clue what my GSM is though. I will just wait and see what happens. 

Thanks Ken, it’s good to know you are out there!

It is kind of hard to understand what you are asking. Sometimes if a question isn't specific, it is difficult for others to provide a reply. :)

I am trying to understand. You received a message on your foreign mobile phone, the one you are registering, and they asked you to enter your foreign identification number, and reply to the message? Is that correct?

When did you first use the mobile phone in Turkey, when did you pay the tax, and when did you reply to the message?

Yes the message was sent while I was in front of the PTT man, from E Devlet. He gave me a long number to input once I went on the Turkey.gov.tr site plus the texted code number he sent from E Devlet. 

I think up until recently your sim supplier would do all this for a fee. Now it’s PTT and the fee is 2tl 

Sounds to me like your phone is registered now. Thanks for the heads-up about the possible changes, I have to re-write the article we have on it and apparently I need to look in to this as well.