Jon Jenkins

Obtain proof of divorce

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can advise me as to where I can proof of divorce in Turkey. I contacted the Turkish Embassy in London, but they said I need to contact the appropriate court.

My ex is unwilling to give me a copy of any papers. I only have a date and location.

I'm currently based in the UK and have no means of getting to Turkey at this moment.

Many thanks :)

Hey,

if you mean the case date with "date and location", any lawyer can find it out.

if you need a copy of the decree, you need to give a poa to the lawyer to let him get the copy for you..

if you give a poa, that lawyer can get the original signed copy and apostile for you...

Hi Jon, 

It has been a while since you wrote this thread. But if you still need a comment, I would be happy to do that. 

The right of obtaining an official paper from a court have been exclusively granted to the lawyers. OR you can individually ask it by being present at the court. 

Unfortunately, your son would not have a right to get the papers (unless he is a registered lawyer in Turkey) from the court even if you authorized him with a Power of Attorney. 

I do not think a local lawyer in Antalya would charge you that much for an easy work. It is worth to contact one of them. 

Regards,   

Hello 

My partner and I are getting married in June this year and we need to obtain proof that her marriage to a Turkish male has been finalised. She has letters advising that the divorce was granted back in 2016 but the UK registrars have asked us for proof that her marriage has been finalised (like a decree absolute I guess) 

So do you know what the process is to get these documents please 

Many thanks 

Surely Eglegal answered this exact question above for John Jenkins.

I quote..'' The right of obtaining an official paper from a court have been exclusively granted to the lawyers. OR you can individually ask it by being present at the court. ''.

Hi Stuart,

Congratulations! Wish you both a happy married life ahead.

I think if your wife tells us what city court she had the divorce ruling, one of the colleagues here might be interested in helping you.

Regards,

Hello 

Thank you for your kind offer of help 

My partners divorce took place in 2 Family Court in Aksaray Turkey in  December 2015 . I have the original judgement letter from the court which includes the case  number Judge Name and number and Clerk Name and number if that helps 

Many thanks