Rate this topic

Hello, I hope you are well. You might remember a few years ago, the UK broadcaster, Channel 5, released a hit series about marriage immigration fraud, called Holiday Love Rats Exposed. The series explored this little-known area and brought these scams, and the terrible impact on sometimes vulnerable men and women, to public attention. The contributors involved thanked us for giving their cases traction. You may have come across an organisation called Immigration Marriage Fraud UK (immigrationmarriagefrauduk.co.uk); we’re working with founder Dee and contributor Kim to make a further documentary.

I'm keen to hear from someone who has been affected by marriage fraud to help me understand these horrible scams more. If anyone is available for a quick chat over the phone so I could explain a little better, and if you felt like it, you could explain your experience - you do not have to speak about anything you don't feel comfortable about. Ideally, this would be someone who went on holiday and met someone, perhaps married them, brought them home to the UK or America (or planned to do so), only to find that their partner was sadly only with them for a visa, money etc.. Does this ring any bells for you?

You could be based in the UK or further afield.

We do of course understand that discussing these matters is highly sensitive but I can assure you that any initial conversations will remain confidential and be for research purposes only. If you then feel comfortable taking it further, we can discuss it.

Nine Lives Media, the independent television company making this documentary, has won two Baftas, an International Emmy plus RTS awards and prides itself on working with contributors on sensitive issues.

If you think you fit the bill, please feel free to message me, call me on 0044 (0)161 832 2007 or email me on amelia.ellis@ninelivesmedia.co.uk. Our turnaround time is quite tight, and we’ll need to identify potential contributors swiftly, so it would be great to hear about your story soon!

Many thanks!

HLR FINAL FLYER.jpg