Djawhar Kalkan

Dual citizenship military info.

Rate this topic

Hello, I am 25 years old. My Turkish is zero. I have a dual citizenship I live in Saudi Arabia as a Chadian citizen, and my sponsor is my father. My father took me to the Turkish consulate, they said I am not qualified to apply because I am not out of my father iqama (resident ship), and also I heard I cannot apply unless I live in Saudi Arabia as a Turkish citizen not Chadian also I plan to come to Turkey to apply and study, but I am afraid I am going to have a problem with military. Please can someone help me with this? Thank you in advance.

Hello Djawhar,  welcome to the forum.  I cannot fully understand your situation. 

You say you are are living in Saudi Arabia as a Chadian citizen.   Are you a citizen of Saudi Arabia?  Why must you be out of your father's residenceship before living as a Turkish citizen?  Did the Consulate confirm that you are actually a Turkish citizen?

It seems to me that if you are living as a Chadian citizen, you could study in Turkey as a Chadian, then no problem with Turkish military (???).  This answer is just based on the information you have provided.  So if you could give more information, things might make more sense to us.  Maybe another member might know more about this (I hope).  :)

I have a dual citizenship 

Chadian and Turkish nationality

I live in Saudi Arabia as Chadian not Turkish because I got my Turkish citizenship 5 years ago only by application and yeah the embassy recognize me as a Turkish but not the Saudi Arabia government. I am born and raised here in Saudi Arabia and registered as Chadian. 

Iqama is a work permit here is more info about it.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-Iqama-of-Saudi-Arabia

I live in Saudi Arabia as a student not allowed to work plus I am under my father iqama  (work permit); to apply for military service I need to have my own work permit, which means I need to be dependent from my father and not a student, based on that I can't apply for military service.

I want to go to Turkey and study there but my family refused due to military, believing that I am going to be taken to military as soon as I land to any Turkish airport.

So I want to know if I go to Turkey now am I going to be taken from the airport?

Would Turkish military take me even though my Turkish language is Zero?

If I enter Turkey as a Chadian would they stop me ?

If I enter Turkey as a Chadian and apply for a university as Turkish am I going to have problem with the government?

To study in Turkey as Turkish is way beneficial for me than Chadian due to our financial situation

Thanks in advance!

Seems very complicated.  I will go & present your questions to the Turkish military here (they have a small office in our town).  Just give me a couple of weeks.  Don't worry, I won't give your name, it will just be a general enquiry...... :)