Haycet

Moving back to the UK half way through Turkish citizenship application!

Rate this topic

Hi all

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, please! 

I have been married to my Turkish husband for 14 years, we got married in Turkey, lived in London for 10 years and we have been living in Turkey for the last 4 years with our UK born sons who have dual nationality.

I began applying for citizenship a few months ago, I have submitted the paperwork, the police have been to our home and I have been to the station to have fingerprints taken etc. I am awaiting my interview and there has been no mention of requiring a medical yet.

For personal reasons we have sadly & unexpectedly found ourselves having to move back to the UK in a few weeks time (at least for the next few years).

Has anyone else done this halfway through the citizenship process? Can I continue the application and either have an interview in London or return here for it? And does anyone know if a medical is definitely required as it will obviously be much cheaper to get it done here before we go back, I just don’t know what I am asking the doctor for or if there is somewhere specific I need to have it done. 

I REALLY want to get my citizenship sorted so I can live in either country with no problem like my husband and sons.

Any advice would be great, thanks all :0)

Hi,

I got my citizenship in London several years ago and didn't need to have a medical back then though it may be different now. I also had my interview in the Consulate in London.

Many thanks Tilki - I’m just not sure if I have complicated matters by starting the process here! 

My husband is off to our local office on Monday to see if he can find out what happens next.

Cheers :0)

Hi Haycet,

My Turkish isn't overly fluent so whenever I've needed I formation I have always found it easier to write an email to the Turkish Consulate in London.

They have always answered quite quickly with the relevant information I have asked for.

You've not lost anything by asking them :)

Thanks Tilki, will give it a try. Our local office said I just need to inform the Turkish Consulate of my new address and current application and they will take over . . Fingers crossed, eh?! 

Cheers :0)