Sun

open an internet account

Rate this topic

Hello all,

I haven't moved in Turkey yet but wondering if the opening internet service for residential is easy or not. Do I need a residence permit or utility bills for the new account? If then, which one need first, residence permit or utility bills? Some say I need a residence permit to open an utility account and others say the other way. Little bit confused. Many thanks.

It is relatively easy, but you will have to have a residence permit first. Typically you will get your residential telephone service connected first, which also requires a residence permit. Then you can set up your residential internet service.

Follow the links to a couple of guides which explain the process.

Thanks Ken.

Basically, I cannot get an internet service at home until I get a residence permit which could be a couple of months. Is that right?

If it is right, what options can be for that off-line period?

That is correct. Other than internet cafes, you can also try Rent & Connect. They have "mobile hotspots" you can rent anywhere in Turkey. They also send you the hardware you need (I assume it is a dongle), and also pick it up when you are finished with their service. You can rent their service for however long you need it, like from when you arrive to when you get your residential internet set up.