Celine

Marrying a Turkish Fiance

Rate this topic

I need help. I am a Filipino currently living in the Philippines. My Turkish Fiance ask me to go there to marry Him and start our life together. What do I need to do or what documents or pertinent papers do I have to comply or submit.

Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you

You should just need an e-visa, which you can get online, and pay for it with a credit card. Here is an article which explains it.

Turkey's e-visa system

Citizens of the Philippines can get an e-visa which is valid for 180 days, which means you can use it any time you want during the 180-day period.

But you can only be in Turkey for a maximum of 30 days during the 180-day period (you can stay 30 days in a row or come and go as much as you want as long as your time in Turkey doesn't exceed 30 days during the 180-day period.

If you want to stay longer (which you do), you have to apply for a residence permit. You should do this as soon as possible after you arrive.

If you get married immediately, you can apply for a family residence permit and live in Turkey. Your husband will be your sponsor for the family residence permit. Here is an article called "An Introduction to Family Residence Permits" which explains the concept more briefly.

If you are not going to get married in the 30 days you are allowed in Turkey on the visa, you will need to apply for a short-term residence permit. That will allow you to live in Turkey for up to two years, as long as you can prove you have enough money to support yourself and you have an address

If you have any problems or questions feel free to post them, we will try to help.