Rate this topic

Hello,

I’ve reached a complete brick wall with trying to find information on how to change my name on my kimlik. I’ve had dual nationality since birth and have a British passport and a kimlik. I recently changed my name by deed poll, and need to change my passport to match (that I can do.) But my passport must match my name on my kimlik. Is it possible to change my name on my kimlik, or am I going to have to give up my nationality? I really don’t want to do that for multiple reasons, but I risk being done for identity fraud if the two don’t match.

Does anyone have any advice?

I assume you are talking about having Turkish nationality. The citizenship and population directorate (Nüfus) is who you need to talk to. They have a national help line you can reach by calling 199 from any telephone in Turkey. Or go to their website:

www.nvi.gov.tr

On that page is an option to make an appointment for issues concerning passports.

3 hours ago, Ken Grubb said:

I assume you are talking about having Turkish nationality. The citizenship and population directorate (Nüfus) is who you need to talk to. They have a national help line you can reach by calling 199 from any telephone in Turkey. Or go to their website:

www.nvi.gov.tr

On that page is an option to make an appointment for issues concerning passports.

Can I do this from the UK?

I think the only way you could do it from the UK is by going to the local Turkish embassy or consulate. They will need to see identification to do something like that.