Onlyme

What are you praying about?

Rate this topic

Sometimes you go to pray. But for what? What are you praying for? I' m just curious, because to me it doesn't matter if it is for good thoughts. Its like somebody is praying in the church or when they do yoga. But a lot of people from my culture thinks it is scary, bad and should be a reason enough to not date a muslim guy. I just want to know...is it true that praying people has that much love to Allah, that he will always be the most importnant in their lifes?

women dont go for praying? Why only guys? And do you feel forced?

i juat ask ik curiousity, nothing mean :) 

You're wrong, Muslim women do go to pray, there is a separate section (usually upstairs) where women pray.

It is an old tradition that still stands today that the women must be separated from the men during times of prayer.  Here's a silly joke about this sort of thing that I am hoping will make you smile ...

There was an American journalist from the New York Times who went to Jerusalem to seek out whoever it was who had been putting prayer notes into the Wailing Wall of Jerusalem for the longest time.  When he got to Jerusalem he asked several people who they thought that might be and, unanimously, they all said Old Joseph.  So the next day he went to the wall and found this Old Joseph putting a note into the wall as the others had told him he did every day for years and years.  He approached Joseph and asked him how long he had been doing this.  Joseph was in his late 80s and told the journalist he had been putting prayer notes into the Wailing Wall since he was a teenager and that before him his parents did so.  So, the journalist asked Joseph ... what do you pray for?  what type of things?  Joseph replied... oh the usual things ... good health for me and all of my family and friends ... peace in this world and no more wars ... a cure for cancer ... that everybody would be happy with their lot.  So the journalist asks Joseph another question ... Are your prayers answered Joseph?  Joseph replies:   No of course not ... it is like talking to a fu..ing brick wall ... 

x Angela x

Ha ha.

ok then, so..you pray for good things? Then....why is people so against Allah? 

If I came home to my family (and of course most of my friends) telling that I'll start believe in Allah, they would maybe not take me so serious anymore.. maybe they will think i am kind of betrayer. 

Nobody is haters /rasists here, actually. Just afraid of religions...

10 hours ago, Ken Grubb said:

Where are you from, Onlyme?

Why? I don't know why I'm uncomfortable telling that :) west european country. 

You're referring to your culture, and "here."  I am not asking for your address, I am just wondering which culture or country you are talking about.

There are 3 countries in Western Europe = Spain, Portugal and Andorra ... which one please? x Angela in Side x

Perhaps she is thinking COld War Days Western Europe is anything west of West Germany to include West Germany