Star

GOLD SELL IN TURKEY

Rate this topic

37 minutes ago, Matthew G said:

All this talks about banks tempts me to open an account and see what all the fuss is about. However at Yapi Kredi, they took my passport and recorded the numbers, just to change $13.00 into TL. I think banks are suspicious of everyone.

All the banks do that 

Passport required 

1 hour ago, angelaturkey said:

Well obviously we have different views on this subject ... I do not hide my name ... I have nothing to hide.  I do not hide the fact that I own 2 properties in Side.  I do not hide the fact that I am 67 years old and my partner Mike is 64 years old.  We have lived together for 8 years and got engaged to be married last year.  We hope to be married in Surrey, England next year.  People seem to be interested in personal details - as I am about them - otherwise it is just posts by anonymous people you know nothing about and that, in my opinion, is not a good thing.  

Perhaps the Turkish banks in Istanbul are more particular about things than they are in Side?  Maybe because there are so many thousands of immigrants there, whereas Side has none - or very few - 

Come to Side when you have the time and I will help you sort everything out.  There is a very nice, pretty Turkish girl who works at my Yapi Kredi branch office in Side and she is more than helpful too.

Best wishes from Angela x

Thanks you so much Angela

But just consider again for Iranians it would be hard about bank issues I wish I was in side

Good marriage wish for you

Again thanks

Yes Star but it is something I'm not used to. It's not like I keep my passport in my pocket every day, besides $13 is nothing.

Sure no one used to! I hate this kind of works

Albeit I have rp card but again I hate these kind of bureaucratic work in Turkey especially the banks never give suitable answer for you

I am so very sorry Star ... I just got this email from my bank manager at Yapi Kredi bank  =  It is not a problen that he is a student but we couldn't open account for Iranian people I am sorry.

I have emailed her again after receiving the email above and asked her WHY NOT?  What is the problem being from Iran and holding an Iranian passport?  I will let you know what she says when I receive her reply.

Angela x

Hello Stary - Click on this link for Ziraat Bank offices in Istanbul.  Do you live near any of them?  If not, then perhaps just phone them up..... https://www.ziraatbank.com.tr/en/OurBank/AboutUs/Pages/ClosestZiraat.aspx

All best wishes, Angela x

No problem mam!

I saıd to you but you dıd not belıeve

Of course no problem

I will go wıth ziraat

Turkish banks do not know how to behave

they lost my thousands dollars:)))

Unıted states easıly open an account for iranıan even gıve credıt card but turkısh banks except zıraat dont!!! ha ha ha

Even if we could open an account they do not give credit card. Just ziraat told me if you work here and your company or institution gives you monthly stipend after 6 months you could have a credit card

again it is possible

my friend in akbank inside university applied and it is rejected