Sami2016

short residence permit extension

Rate this topic

Hi guys.

I checked the ptt website. in 25/12/2017 my documents have been delivered to goc idaresi. today is 1/2/2018 and I haven't received my card yet.

now I have two questions:

1) I told ptt that I need "iadeli taahhutlu" but I don't know he paid attention to this matter finally or not. I don't know my pocket has been sent by this or normal mail. I just paid 9 Tl for that.

if it would be "iadeli taahhutlu" I should receive a paper form the ptt but I haven't received it. is there any problem in here?!

2) some one told me between 1 and 3 weeks you should receive your card. last year for my first time application, I received it less than 2 weeks. but now for extension it's last more than 1 month until now.

what should I do? please help me.

thank you.

Have you gone back to the RP online application site and entered your details,passport no & application no. & checked to see if it states'' under assessment'' ? If it does then you'll just need to wait....With a postal application,just because your application was delivered on the 25/12...it most certainly won't be processed immediately. If the GOC officers are busy with personal callers applications,then yours could sit on a desk for days or weeks before being opened & processed.
From when it is processed it's often around 5 weeks till the card is dispatched from Ankara,when you'll get a text with a tracking barcode from the PTT.

My experience in Istanbul is just like Redders said. Our applications were delivered to the Göç İdaresi on 16th Nov. We both got texts on the same day 4 weeks later saying we had to go back the next day because some paperwork was incomplete. So the applications had sat on a desk for 4 weeks. We went in and sorted it out on Dec 13th. My wife's card was delivered on Jan 11th (another 4 weeks) and mine on Jan 28th (another 6.5 weeks). So I think your wait is not unusual. And the previous day you get an SMS telling you they are delivering it the next day.

The thing is, the memur in the Fatih Göç İdaresi told us after our visit everything is fine and we were approved. So why can't they have another room in the building with a card printing machine and just do it there and then.? I don't think Ankara does anything but print the cards. When I join a gym in Istanbul they print me a card with a photo and membership number. It can't be that difficult.

On 2/1/2018 at 2:53 PM, Sami2016 said:

Hi guys.

I checked the ptt website. in 25/12/2017 my documents have been delivered to goc idaresi. today is 1/2/2018 and I haven't received my card yet.

now I have two questions:

1) I told ptt that I need "iadeli taahhutlu" but I don't know he paid attention to this matter finally or not. I don't know my pocket has been sent by this or normal mail. I just paid 9 Tl for that.

if it would be "iadeli taahhutlu" I should receive a paper form the ptt but I haven't received it. is there any problem in here?!

2) some one told me between 1 and 3 weeks you should receive your card. last year for my first time application, I received it less than 2 weeks. but now for extension it's last more than 1 month until now.

what should I do? please help me.

thank you.

thanks for the replies. good news: finally I received my card before 6 weeks. it's valid for 2 years. thank you.