Sign in to follow this  
Racheladams

Getting married

Rate this topic

Hi 

Ok so im getting married and im so stressed. 

Trying to get a certificate of non impediment from uk. Heres my problem. My partner is kurdish and from Eskisehir. 

So he is turkish right ??????

I have to put his nationality on the certificate Turkish ! Being told i have to put kurdish?????

Can anyone who has recently married a kurdish man please confirm what you put as his nationality. Im losing the will to live with the registry office girl.

On the non impediment certificate detils have to be correct. 

Last i was aware kurdish is not a nationality. Its the country you were born in (Turkey)

The problem i have if the details re not correct. I will have to get another certificate get it apostiled in uk. Which is more expense. 

FOR BRITISH NATIONALS
There is no longer a requirement for British nationals marrying in Turkey to obtain a Certificate of No Impediment (CNI) in the UK or a Turkish version. Now an AFFIDAVIT OF MARITAL STATUS is required.[Approx £50]

1 hour ago, REDDERS said:
FOR BRITISH NATIONALS
There is no longer a requirement for British nationals marrying in Turkey to obtain a Certificate of No Impediment (CNI) in the UK or a Turkish version. Now an AFFIDAVIT OF MARITAL STATUS is required.[Approx £50]

This is why im confused on the paperwork we got from the off ice in turgutries it says certificate of non impediment

1 hour ago, REDDERS said:
FOR BRITISH NATIONALS

On the non impediment certificate detils have to be correct. 

Last i was aware kurdish is not a nationality. Its the country you were born in (Turkey)

The problem i have if the details re not correct. I will have to get another certificate get it apostiled in uk. Which is more expense.