Sign in to follow this  
EllaineTurkey

Ending work permit in Turkey

Rate this topic

After the expiration of work permit, can an expat stay legally in Turkey for tourism purpose (say for another 30 days)? Or is it mandatory for the expat to exit Turkey when the work permit expires?

I also heard that after exiting Turkey because of work permit expiration, an expat can only return to Turkey in next 3 months. Can anybody help me to clarify this information?

Thanks!!

I don't have the answer to the first question, but a friend of ours recently overstayed after the expiry of her work permit (company issue), she paid the fine on exit and was issued an e visa to return within about 10 days, returned and had a successful interview for residency permit. I hope that this makes you feel better.

Hi  Ellaine,if the WP expires naturally as opposed to be cancelled early,then you can either make an application for a Short Term RP or leave Turkey and return with a visa. Either way this must be done within 10 days of the expiration of the Work Permit.